Thread: Anyone heard of these guys.........

Saracen's Avatar Internet Anarchist
    Howdy all,

I currently subscribe to giganews on a 25gb account but im now looking at going for an unlimited account, with giganews the pricing will double which I feel is a bit steep so I have been checking aorund, I found these guys newsgroups-download and wondered if anyone had had dealings with them, the unlimited acocunt is only $2 dollars more than what I pay now and I only loose 10 days retention which I can tolerate - any feedback welcome

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    never heard of them. might be wise to stay away.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Best deal for the money is the unlimited NewsHosting account at $14.95 per month with 45 plus day retention and nzb at 70 plus days. They also have the premium account with even more retention. Theres also discounts for 6 month and yearly. The site here at FST also get refferal when you sign up with our link...
    http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY View Post
    Best deal for the money is the unlimited NewsHosting account at $14.95 per month with 45 plus day retention and nzb at 70 plus days. They also have the premium account with even more retention. Theres also discounts for 6 month and yearly. The site here at FST also get refferal when you sign up with our link...
    http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500

Thanks Reality, I was looking for a good news server. I'll try that one. The price is very resonable and the retention it's ok.
    PS: Sure.. i'll use your link to help the board !

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hi,

Is there anyway to get a complete list of the NG's that NewsHosting offers? I have tried clicking on the link on their site, but it says forbidden.

Also, they appear to be out of the US which could mean that a users usage could be easily obtained with a court order. The MPIAA seems to be able to get a court order for anything they want these days. Lots of judges must own stock in the movie companies. Anyone know where Giganews is out of? Are they US based too?

Cheers
    Last edited by artsluver; 10-21-2006 at 04:27 PM. Reason: spelling

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by artsluver View Post
    Hi,

Is there anyway to get a complete list of the NG's that NewsHosting offers? I have tried clicking on the link on their site, but it says forbidden.

Newshosting gives you access to all the groups.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    I would recommend either Giganews or Newshosting. GN has awesome speed and retention but its also kind of on the steep side for unlimited. Newshosting is 10 dollars cheaper for unlimited, it has less connections and less retention, but I have found out that I rarely download anything that is more than 20 days old so I do not need the more expensive package

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    The one I am really hoping to get is alt.binaries.multimedia.cartoons.vintage

I cannot find this group on my ISPs server, or any of the free servers, so it makes me wonder if it exists.

Can you look and see if they have that group since I can't pull up their list.

Cheers!

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    towerblocks's Avatar MW2 ADDiCT
    Quote Originally Posted by artsluver View Post
    The one I am really hoping to get is alt.binaries.multimedia.cartoons.vintage

I cannot find this group on my ISPs server, or any of the free servers, so it makes me wonder if it exists.

Can you look and see if they have that group since I can't pull up their list.

Cheers!
    Yep, Its on newshosting.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Thanks!