Thread: newsgroup service that allow sharing

me and my friend used to share using newshosting but now they stop allow sharing of account. now i've to look for another newsgroup service that allow sharing. anyone can recommand a newsgroup service that still allow sharing? thanks

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudspear View Post
    me and my friend used to share using newshosting but now they stop allow sharing of account. now i've to look for another newsgroup service that allow sharing. anyone can recommand a newsgroup service that still allow sharing? thanks

I did not even know you COULD share an accout on newshosting before! But I think you are going to have a hard time finding a newshosting provider that will let you share an account.

The reason for this is simple....if they let everyone share accounts, it would not be long until a lot of people started to split the cost and just share one account. This would also mean less money for the provider while increasing the amount of traffic on their servers.

So no, I do not know of any newsgroup providers that allow you to share an account with another computer.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    How do they know that you are sharing the account?
    For example if you have a dynamic ip :S?
    I know people who shared an account. ( I dont know if they still do it)
    Last edited by Flym; 10-22-2006 at 02:16 PM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Flym View Post
    How they know that you are sharing the account?
    Different IPs downloading at the same time.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E} View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flym View Post
    How do they know that you are sharing the account?
    Different IPs downloading at the same time.
    Ahm...good argument ..

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Being able to share usenet accounts would be awesome but it will never happen because with excessive bandwith usage per account the NSP would start paying out more than their accounts pay in so they would loose money..would be very kewl though, I would imagine if some provider were to offer the option down the road, they would set download caps per account to still make a profit.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    newshosting used to allow it for a long time. they never said they will allow it but they just didn't do anything about it. there was plenty of people sharing it but they never did anything. just recently they started to banned people account. i'm sure there are other newsgroup service that doesn't care about sharing.