Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are iso/rar files?

Dray74
    Ok I am new here, so I download the rar files, what do I do next to be able to view the movie? When I just unzip them now I get sound but no video? I must be missing a step, can anyone help me out?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    ok, so I have about 43 files that were extracted using winrar...they read file 1 rar..etc...what do I do w/ it now?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Music Fascist BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dray74 View Post
    Ok I am new here, so I download the rar files, what do I do next to be able to view the movie? When I just unzip them now I get sound but no video? I must be missing a step, can anyone help me out?
    when this happens you dont have the correct codec for the video file. try playing it in windows media player, it should show up orange on the playlist panel and you can follow a link to download the correct codec.

failing that download vlc and use that to play the movie, vlc has support for the vast majority of video filetypes http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cherietryan View Post
    ok, so I have about 43 files that were extracted using winrar...they read file 1 rar..etc...what do I do w/ it now?
    Use winrar on them again.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    rar is similiar to zip folders. iso is a image file from a cd or dvd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12