Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to store chocolate..

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    My work got its christmas candy in today, and I bought 2 tins of bailys filled chocolate for my parents and my girlfriends parents for presents for christmas.

Does chocolate go bad and how should I store it so it stays good till christmas?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Choclate is best preserved in the mouth.
    It was created for this one purpose only. Do not deny it.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    I'd check the use by date, if it's later than december 06, then i think it will be ok. But i'm not an expert on these things.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while there's a Peanut Butter Cup or an English Toffee. But they're gone too fast and the taste is... fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you got left is an empty box... filled with useless brown paper wrappers.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    I usually just buy my mother a pair of slippers for christmas, she said she wanted a pair of slippers one year, so i've done it ever since. I think she relys on me totally for slippers now. One of these days i'll cut off the supply and watch her suffer.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    ...so if I put it in the fridge for a few months would that be okay? Or would it take in all the other flavors of everything else in it?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Why would you have to put it in a fridge, a cool dry place would probably do it and the parents might not be too chuffed about getting a christmas present that'd taken up half their fridge for two months.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Dunno' if you want it in the fridge, tbh.

Store it somewhere cool and dry.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Alright, will do. On top of the fridge in the basement sounds like a good place. (Plus I will remember where I put it )

10. Lounge   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    Alright, will do. On top of the fridge in the basement sounds like a good place. (Plus I will remember where I put it )
    Fridges let off heat other than the inside.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast