Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hard Drive Erasing Tool

  1. #1
    SomeIdiot's Avatar I'll show ye..
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    21
    I was wondering what the best software for cleaning off my old hard drives would be? I am gonna upgrade to some larger drives and want to make sure these are clean before I get rid of them.
    Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 10-22-2006 at 07:40 PM.

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,167
    Smash it, burn it, melt it, run it over with your car if you want it completely wiped clean. I suggest listening to some really heavy, angry music while thinking about all the girls that have fucked you over in the past. It sets the mood and gives +5 damage to HDD's with any type weapon.
    Last edited by delimare; 10-22-2006 at 07:45 PM.

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,497

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Delta B.C. Canada
    Posts
    10,816
    A low level format should nuke it good and remove all those references to the quality pOrn you 'v been saving . Most people you sell or give them to won't know how to retrieve it anyway .


    http://www.killdisk.com/


    Dam you VB .

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,694
    Darik's Boot and Nuke 1.0.7
    http://dban.sourceforge.net/

    Disk or floppy.

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,497
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post

    Dam you VB .

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    SomeIdiot's Avatar I'll show ye..
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    21
    Thanks for the quick responses.

    I tried using KD before but I could never get it to work. I would boot up and do that symbol dance thing forever. I just took the floppy out and did the low level format, KD did nothing. Maybe I didn't set it up right or something. Also, I thought KD would wipe all the hd's hooked up to the computer? Can I just wipe my slave drives or no?
    Fun fact for the day:"Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day. "

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,497
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeIdiot View Post
    Thanks for the quick responses.

    I tried using KD before but I could never get it to work. I would boot up and do that symbol dance thing forever. I just took the floppy out and did the low level format, KD did nothing. Maybe I didn't set it up right or something. Also, I thought KD would wipe all the hd's hooked up to the computer? Can I just wipe my slave drives or no?
    How difficult is it to disconnect drives???

    Disconnecting them also makes sure that you don't erase something by mistake.

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    SomeIdiot's Avatar I'll show ye..
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeIdiot View Post
    Thanks for the quick responses.

    I tried using KD before but I could never get it to work. I would boot up and do that symbol dance thing forever. I just took the floppy out and did the low level format, KD did nothing. Maybe I didn't set it up right or something. Also, I thought KD would wipe all the hd's hooked up to the computer? Can I just wipe my slave drives or no?
    How difficult is it to disconnect drives???

    Disconnecting them also makes sure that you don't erase something by mistake.
    Yeah now that I think about it, that was a dumb question. It is a bootable disk afterall. LOL
    Fun fact for the day:"Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day. "

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,167
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeIdiot View Post
    Yeah now that I think about it, that was a dumb question. It is a bootable disk afterall. LOL
    There are no such things as dumb questions, just dumb questions. Wait.... or was it dumb people?

    Why is everyone pointing at me...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •