Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need An Answer

Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    Ok, this has to do with filesharing because Im having problems some files that I get off the filesharing network, I have a damn 500mhz processor and some movies I tyr to watch the video and sound are out of sync, is there anyway I can circumvent this or fix it, dont state the obvious like "get a better processor" because it would be a manger pain in the rear, I heard if you can get it cool enough it can run up to 3gig processor but I hear its hard, do I put ice around the processor or something? seriously I need some opinions with this, thanks

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Very Large Member
    Sounds like it could be a codec problem.Download the latest K++ codec pack(after uninstalling any codecs you already have) and you should be ok.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    To tell u the truth it probably has nothing to do with your processor its most likely the movie the way somebody encoded it and did not mux together right sometimes it just happens with a bad .avi movie but i doubt its your processor doing anything

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    as said before, the chances of this being a processor problem are very slight.
    the problem probably occured in the encoding, you can try pausing the video to re-sync it. the early ps2 models have a similar problem, pausing playback seems to fix it for that.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Why doesn't anybody believe him?

The only thing I can think to suggest is shut down all unnecessary programs before watching a film (Kazaa, anti-virus etc). Also try rebooting just before you start watching the movie, it will free up some RAM which may help. If you're watching the films from a CD, then copy it to your hard drive first rather than straight off the CD.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by Skillian@10 May 2003 - 14:59
    Why doesn't anybody believe him?
    believe what?
    it's not very likely that the processor is to blame for the video and sound being out of sync
    it doesn't take a lot of processor power to run a video, when i use my cousin's 300mhz P2 i can still watch both mpeg's and avi's with no problem.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    Well its not with every movie file I play its only with ones like 700mb+ or files with very high quality

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Exactly, a lot of XviDs and the like need quite a high spec PC to run them.

Bebi, you said not to suggest a new processor, how about a new graphics card?

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    I have the same problem, but usually the movies start in sync and then after about 20 mins they go out of sync, I find that if I stop the movie and then find the point where I was up to it will work fine (at least for another 20 mins or so)
    You probably don't want to keep having to do this but it's the best I can offer you.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster

hi there !
    i think the right answer has been given already. my processor is almost the same as yours, and the only time this problem occurs for me is due to poor video editing from other end(due to their slow processor). get yourself Virtual Dub Sync and drop this video in there and this freeware programme will automatically syncronise video/audio in no time.
    regards
    m8t

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast