Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Beginning of the end of America'

ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    I found this interesting.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Yup the I cannot believe that a piece of trash like the MCA exists in America.

If folks haven't woken to the fact that we have Darth Sidious as President you are nuts.

Read up on dominion heresy.

Nice post ahct

I like this.....

This President now has his blank check.

He lied to get it.

He lied as he received it.

Is there any reason to even hope he has not lied about how he intends to use it nor who he intends to use it against?

“These military commissions will provide a fair trial,” you told us yesterday, Mr. Bush, “in which the accused are presumed innocent, have access to an attorney and can hear all the evidence against them.”

"Presumed innocent," Mr. Bush?

The very piece of paper you signed as you said that, allows for the detainees to be abused up to the point just before they sustain “serious mental and physical trauma” in the hope of getting them to incriminate themselves, and may no longer even invoke The Geneva Conventions in their own defense.

"Access to an attorney," Mr. Bush?

Lieutenant Commander Charles Swift said on this program, Sir, and to the Supreme Court, that he was only granted access to his detainee defendant on the promise that the detainee would plead guilty.

"Hearing all the evidence," Mr. Bush?

The Military Commissions Act specifically permits the introduction of classified evidence not made available to the defense.

Your words are lies, Sir.

They are lies that imperil us all.

“One of the terrorists believed to have planned the 9/11 attacks,” you told us yesterday, “said he hoped the attacks would be the beginning of the end of America.”

That terrorist, sir, could only hope.

Not his actions, nor the actions of a ceaseless line of terrorists (real or imagined), could measure up to what you have wrought.

Habeas corpus? Gone.

The Geneva Conventions? Optional.

The moral force we shined outwards to the world as an eternal beacon, and inwards at ourselves as an eternal protection? Snuffed out.

These things you have done, Mr. Bush, they would be “the beginning of the end of America.”
    Last edited by Busyman™; 10-23-2006 at 02:30 AM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    If the quality of Keith Olbermann's reportage/commentary/punditry ever threatens that of, say, John Stewart, I'll let you know.

So far Stewart qualifies as relatively honest, at least as relates to Olbermann's laughable attempt to assume the mantle of a sort of poor-man's Bill O'Reilly from the Left.

Whatever works, I guess.

Neither O'Reilly nor Olbermann is worth a dry fart in a high wind.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    If the quality of Keith Olbermann's reportage/commentary/punditry ever threatens that of, say, John Stewart, I'll let you know.

So far Stewart qualifies as relatively honest, at least as relates to Olbermann's laughable attempt to assume the mantle of a sort of poor-man's Bill O'Reilly from the Left.

Whatever works, I guess.

Well said.

He is hyping the "hype" he is describing.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post

Whatever works, I guess.

Well said.

Might I also take this opportunity to draw another parallel, this one between Keith Olbermann and Noam Chomsky...

Actually, while Chomsky might be referred to as the "Olbermann's Olbermann, only older and more boring", The entire theory collapses as soon as one remembers the compulsion to note that, unlike Olbermann, Chomsky had no predecessor.

Never mind.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Olbermann vs Chomsky vs Stewart vs Youtubereportervideoguy
    Discussing this topic.... could be very absurd. (This could make us alot of buks as a show..)

None the less the reporter in youtube video is describing the faults of past presidents inorder to gain control,
    to prove?
    it is "nothing new"?
    oh ok
    we have been raped all along
    be as you where.

maybe in the 60's 80's there would be a student riot.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post

Well said.

Might I also take this opportunity to draw another parallel, this one between Keith Olbermann and Noam Chomsky...

Actually, while Chomsky might be referred to as the "Olbermann's Olbermann, only older and more boring", The entire theory collapses as soon as one remembers the compulsion to note that, unlike Olbermann, Chomsky had no predecessor.

Never mind.
    So, what are you saying, that Olbermann is an intellectual too.
    Now, come on...

I don't know Olbermann well, so going solely by the above link I'd say what does unite them is that their eyes are open; wide.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    So what is the opinion about the loss of Habeas corpus if one is accused of being an "enemy combatant"?

or does the fact that the messenger isn't to ones liking make it untrue?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    So what is the opinion about the loss of Habeas corpus if one is accused of being an "enemy combatant"?

or does the fact that the messenger isn't to ones liking make it untrue?
    Whence comes this affinity for making a gift to any and every terrorist the entire panoply of American legal smorgasbord?

Because no country will speak for them we must take them under our umbrella?

They're not immigrants, ffs.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ahctlucabbuS View Post

Never mind.
    So, what are you saying, that Olbermann is an intellectual too.
    Now, come on...

I don't know Olbermann well, so going solely by the above link I'd say what does unite them is that their eyes are open; wide.
    You are right, but only until Olbermann gets 'round to comprehensively committing his idiocy to paper, as has Chomsky, for the necessary confirmation of clinical lunacy.

That status (for now) defaults to Chomsky.

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast