Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did They Die For?

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    They don't hate our way of life, or our customs and morals ...
    Yes they do.

They think a lot of what we accept as a normal part of life, in a free society, is sinful. They want everyone else to join their religion and follow their belief system.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    Go On...........
    i was in the army 2 years ago

and about 6 months ago i was sat watching the news and guess wat they told me a good mate in the army he had died in iraq also one mate went to iraq about 2months before it kicked off to sercure the oil fields!!

i was gutted about it mates in the army are different to my in day to day life

but

i knew he was there doing wat he loved

when people say why did they die it annoyed me and i can also see what they are saying

all the terrism was going to happen something trust me i have seen the document bout 5years ago

so all i can say

they knew wat they were doing when the walked in to the office and said

I WANT TO JON THE ARMY

they will alway be remembered and never forgot

R.I.P boys alway thinking off you

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    Quote Originally Posted by sjg1983 View Post
    i was in the army 2 years ago

and about 6 months ago i was sat watching the news and guess wat they told me a good mate in the army he had died in iraq also one mate went to iraq about 2months before it kicked off to sercure the oil fields!!

i was gutted about it mates in the army are different to my in day to day life

but

i knew he was there doing wat he loved

when people say why did they die it annoyed me and i can also see what they are saying

all the terrism was going to happen something trust me i have seen the document bout 5years ago

so all i can say

they knew wat they were doing when the walked in to the office and said

I WANT TO JON THE ARMY

they will alway be remembered and never forgot

R.I.P boys alway thinking off you
    Which country's army were you in.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #64
    Go On...........
    Uk

5. The Drawing Room   -   #65
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Yes they do.
    No they don't.

They think a lot of what we accept as a normal part of life, in a free society, is sinful. They want everyone else to join their religion and follow their belief system.
    A bit like catholicism then.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #66
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Yes they do.

No they don't.
    If the words come directly from the mouths of the Jihadists for all to hear, and appear on videotape for all to see, who are you to call them liars?

I take them at their word.

You claim to know better...could you explain how you come by this highly-privileged knowledge?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #67

Yes they do.
    No they don't.

A bit like catholicism then.
    Nope, Christianity teaches forgiveness, not fatwah.

You're still as predictable btw.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #68
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Would it be fair to say that they don't like our beliefs or way of life, but that they attacked us for something else?
    If you look back bin laden was upset not that we are infidels but because we infidels had our military in his land.
    They "hate us for our freedoms" makes a for a great soundbite to stir emotions but less of a reason that they attacked us.

This is a very simplified take and not meant to cover all the nuances

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #69
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Would it be fair to say that they don't like our beliefs or way of life, but that they attacked us for something else?
    If you look back bin laden was upset not that we are infidels but because we infidels had our military in his land.
    They "hate us for our freedoms" makes a for a great soundbite to stir emotions but less of a reason that they attacked us.

Good post.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #70
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post

Would it be fair to say this qualifies as a nuance?

Bin Laden and Al Qaeda are merely the tree which springs from the root being fertilized by Wahhibism, and the Moqtada al Sadrs and Nasrallahs of the Islamic world.

The mal-intent toward the west is interwoven with Islam at every level, inculcated in children from the earliest stages.

Allahu Akbar! is on every student's lips.

This creates a fervor for the "cause" which isn't altered or short-circuited by any gestures of appeasement such as removal of a troop-force.

We are not going to desert Israel, either.

Simply put, not even "re-deployment" and a commensurate lessening of influence can undo their efforts to date.

Do you propose the U.N. undertake to de-program Islamic youth in it's entirety?

That's several nuances, actually.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast