Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did They Die For?

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    As the American soldier death toll is fast approching the 3,000 mark (I don't know for other countries) the question I ask is

What did our soldiers die for?

It is easy to say "well they signed up" but do you find solace in that our soldiers are literally being wasted for....

well....will someone tell me.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    can I curse? FUCK!
    They are dying for democracy and... oil?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    They died because of two dictatorships.
    Who sent them out to fight in Afghanistan and Iraq.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    As the American soldier death toll is fast approching the 3,000 mark (I don't know for other countries) the question I ask is

It is easy to say "well they signed up" but do you find solace in that our soldiers are literally being wasted for....

Your government is paranoid that there are people in some parts of the world that don't like them so much that they are prepared to tell people to crash your aeroplanes into your tall buildings.

Therefore they are sending your young soldiers over to those places, to improve relations between your people and their people.

Surprisingly, it's not working too well.

What your government fails to understand is that not everyone wants a democracy. Your government is not alone in this misconception

Some people actually like just being told what to do, so long as their is food on their table, clean water in their taps, and electricity in their TV. Unfortunately, these seem to have got AWOL for alot of the people in Iraq and Afghanistan.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Your government is paranoid that there are people in some parts of the world that don't like them so much that they are prepared to tell people to crash your aeroplanes into your tall buildings.

Therefore they are sending your young soldiers over to those places, to improve relations between your people and their people.

What your government fails to understand is that not everyone wants a democracy. Your government is not alone in this misconception

Some people actually like just being told what to do, so long as their is food on their table, clean water in their taps, and electricity in their TV. Unfortunately, these seem to have got AWOL for alot of the people in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    I'm fairly certain it's not so much an issue of people wanting to be told what to do, so much as an issue of people wanting to be told what to do, rather than dying or starving when some nice blokes from another part of the world decide to give you freedom by bombing the crap out of you

EDit:

As for the original question, I suspect they died because Bush started a war in order to stay president, or popular.
    Seems he invents another crisis or starts a war whenever his approval ratings are going down
    Last edited by Snee; 10-23-2006 at 12:02 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    There is also the view that you can train an army as much as you like,but until they have seen combat you don't know how they will react.
    So perhaps Iraq and Afghanistan are just advanced training grounds,I can see no other reason for us to still be there.
    Also it is a good place for all the weapons companys to test the new toys they invent to destroy humanity.
    Damn I think I'm getting cynical in my old age.
    Last edited by Gripper; 10-23-2006 at 01:35 PM.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    The reason we went in has changed so often that it's hard to tell what we are there for.

Apparently, according to the republicans, nobody has ever said "stay the course"

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Always follow the orders of your boss
    or you won't get paid for the job.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post

Yes, you're right, it's just paranoia.

Spoiler: Show

yo

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    what did Iraq have to do with 911?

it's never been stay the course
    Last edited by vidcc; 10-23-2006 at 05:03 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast