Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommend me a wireless keyboard and mouse...

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

Not bad at all.

Post back with whatever you decide on. I've been looking too, but I can't reach a decision without looking at it in real life. I have to go to the store and test it first.
    Me too. It's all about the "feel" of it.
    I agree too.
    I was looking for a new keyboard in Futureshop and the only one i liked the look of and had all the features i want (not many to choose from unless i get a combo which i don't need) had a really bad feel to it. The keys were too loud/sticky seeming.
    So i didn't buy one, going to look somewhere else next week.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Thanks for all the input, I'm liking the look of this one at the moment...

The Logitech® Cordless Desktop® LX710 Laser

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=12118

So anyway, I got this for Christmas

It's very nice, soft, quiet keypresses, wireless has a good range, and it seems very reliable. There's no lag between keypresses and the letters appearing on the screen. It also has low battery indicators on both the mouse and the keyboard. The mouse is nice too.

My only gripe with it is that it is very flat, even with the little legs extended. I'm going to have to get a slopey thing to put underneath it on my desk. Also, there's no LEDs on it saying whether caps lock or num lock is on, I guess this is to conserve power. Hence you have to press the buttons and a message appears briefly on the screen telling you the current state.

I guess I should have listened to those people that said try it out in the shop first!

Still, I'm quite pleased with it so far.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    My only gripe with it is that it is very flat, even with the little legs extended. I'm going to have to get a slopey thing to put underneath it on my desk. Also, there's no LEDs on it saying whether caps lock or num lock is on, I guess this is to conserve power.
    I'm not too keen on the very flat profile of mine either. However, I got the rechargeable mouse version which has LEDs in the wireless base station/mouse charger.

I wish someone would tell me how to turn those messages off though. I used to be able to do it, but there was a software update and that option seems to have disappeared now.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123