Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snatching

Kruger's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Yeah, some time ago I saw a torrent @ TL with st.txt, where it was written, that the torrent is downloaded from supertorrents

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Seeing as all the trackers have pretty much the same stuff on them anyway who cares as it's been said in this thread before TL uploaders are "stealing" releases so what's the difference.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Ok so can someone just explain if this is ok?

I download a file from TL and then open a new folder put everything in (apart from any TL files) and do a slight rename. Then make a new .torrent file and upload that?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I would imagine that if you're doing it to a scene release then no-one will know any better.
    If you do that with a user upload or site-specific release (a custom DVD rip etc.) then you risk this being spotted by those from the site you got it from. They're not going to find out if you unRAR the original files and then re-RAR them with a different compression or filesize, though.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    pandapop's Avatar +OK 3fds/fog43/dfs5l BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by htmark View Post
    Ok so can someone just explain if this is ok?

I download a file from TL and then open a new folder put everything in (apart from any TL files) and do a slight rename. Then make a new .torrent file and upload that?
    they are saying this is not ok. you cant upload anything you get from TL.

it doesnt matter to me as i hardly use TL. but bitorrent should be about sharing, not keeping everything to themselves. TL are becoming the RIAA & MPAA of the torrent world.

i hope that if they keep up that disgraceful attitdude the site dies a sudden death. i for one wont miss it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Ah ok thanks for clearing that up for me.

Just you always see the same files everywhere though

Alot of tv shows have either LOL or XOR on the end.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    They are more or less complaining because they pay for the bw used in seeding the files and then these other sites uploaders just come and grab them and bail many times without even seeding back the files they are grabbing. These people then take the files they got from the sites and then upload them to their own site.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    They are more or less complaining because they pay for the bw used in seeding the files and then these other sites uploaders just come and grab them and bail many times without even seeding back the files they are grabbing.
    seeing how they support the whole pay-to-leech policy for vips, and subsequently almost encourage the appearance of users such as this one: http://www.torrentleech.org/userdetails.php?id=236623 , i dont think that is the reason why they implemented this rule.

and i totally agree with delimare. the leecher is totally free to do whatever he wishes with the stuff after snatching, including upping it wherever.

unless of course the uploader put some effort into compiling a pack (such as the case of the collection packs on vipmusic or the internal packs on bitmetv) in which case the request is reasonable.
    Last edited by syD; 10-30-2006 at 02:35 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Holy crap!
    Uploaded 49.95 GB
    Downloaded 5.34 TB

Thats over 16GB per day! He's not messing around...

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Last edited by LookingAround; 11-28-2007 at 01:02 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast