Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robert Jordan

This is a pretty good series with a whole lot going on and a large cast of "main" characters that are used throughout.
    Each of these main characters play an important part in the story and are usually devided into various parts of the land so there are several "mini" stories going on to create the whole.
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Egh...not another Waste of Text fan.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. Lounge   -   #3
    damm i just got them and havent read them yet Magic now u got me not wanting to read them

oh well i get board some day and read them anyway

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Well, it's either a series you like or you hate. I'm the latter. But don't let my opinion on it stop you from reading it and forming your own.

so, he does
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. Lounge   -   #5
    LOL, it may not be one of the great literary works but it is a good story with plenty of interesting characters to keep you going.

Another waste of text series is L Ron Hubbard's Mission Earth. Not a great work but a fun read

@QuietSilence!, these 2 series are in no way alike in case you have read the latter and did not like it. But I think some may lump them together because they are not considered great works
    Peace of mind Findnot

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Hubbard's work is so phenomenally bad he makes Robert Jordan look good. Plus, he invented Scientology.

A good fantasy series is George R.R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice. Or is it Ice and Fire? I can never remember at 5 in the morning. The first book is called A Game of Thrones, at any rate.

so, he does
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@11 May 2003 - 12:51
    Hubbard's work is so phenomenally bad he makes Robert Jordan look good. Plus, he invented Scientology.
    I have to agree But that is what makes it such a fun read. I just couldn't stop once I started, and the only reason I bought the books was because I found 9 of the ten book series in used hardback for $1.00 a piece. Good or bad I couldn't resist.

Actually, I had seen the series for many years and would not buy it because of the scientology bit. A little too close to religion for my taste. I thought the books were about the religion and didn't want to check them out

I will have to check out that other series you mentioned when I get caught up with my current reading
    Peace of mind Findnot

8. Lounge   -   #8
    well now u done it !

hubbard has 1 exelent book called battlfield earth it is and epic hardcore sifi book and a classic in its own right

though i must agree i didnt like the Mission earth series much

and Scientology was not ment too be the cualt related book it became it was simply a kinda text on phycolgy about how the humin brain works and is years beyond any thing sigmond froyed did but nothing to get exsited about if u read it just rember it not the religen that its been bulit up to by the scientolgests its just another book on phycology thu a vary good one

if u have not read battfield earth u realy should it will change ur mind about hubbard

dont go by the movie it was nothing like the book and wasnt vary good at all

just like starship tropers was nothing like heinleins book

i was vary disapointed in both these movies

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Batelfield Earth was a very good book. Nothing like the Mission Earth series.

And they didn't even try with the movie I really looked forward to it and it looks as if they spent about $75.00 to make it
    Peace of mind Findnot

10. Lounge   -   #10
    back to the main topic:

I would say the 1st 3 books in Wheel of Time are so exciting i crapped my pants twice B) ok kidding but the 1st 3 are great i am on the most recent one the 10th book and i'd have to say the since the 8th book it hasn't been anywhere exciting as the 1st half... A theory my friend has come up with last year and which still stands true with a lot of the observations ive taken is that most ppl who get into the book will make the 5th book the make or break..you will either read the 5th and finish the series or you will stop there...just depends on the person. I am having alot of difficulty with the 10th book, I am past half way...but ive been stuck there...I can't pull out the motivation to read it....just is to boring to be a Jordan work, i think.

I still think everyone should read the 1st 3 books. "Eye of the World" is the 1st.

Off Topic:
    I started reading Mission Earth last year....it had to be the worst series of books ive ever read..thats plain it...so fucking stupid i wanted to shoot someone...wether it was Hubbard or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast