Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PAL movie types

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Can they not be viewed on a regular DVD player?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    they can, but some older dvd players won't play that format.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    PAL is just a regional code. Mosts DVD players can be exploited to remove the region code so you can play PAL or NTSC. Also if you're burning the image, most are decrypted as "regionfree" so you don't have to worry about it.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    ok thanks.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    famous45's Avatar money=happiness BT Rep: +1
    PAL and NTSC are not just reigon codes. There is way more to it than that like FPS and resolution. PAL dvd's also playback 4% faster. You will need to either convert NTSC to PAL or vice versa. They do make DVD players with NTSC to PAL conversion or converters but they are expensive. It is not easy to get an NTSC tv to play PAL dvd's.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by famous45 View Post
    PAL and NTSC are not just reigon codes. There is way more to it than that like FPS and resolution. PAL dvd's also playback 4% faster. You will need to either convert NTSC to PAL or vice versa. They do make DVD players with NTSC to PAL conversion or converters but they are expensive. It is not easy to get an NTSC tv to play PAL dvd's.
    DVD players by default will read both region codes, however one or the other output is disabled in the firmware on players depending on which country they are bought in...

PAL and NTSC refer to specific framerates and resolutions that coincide with each name. The framerates are actually measured in decimal values but for the sake of example, NTSC is shot in 30 frames a second, whereas PAL is shot in 24 frames a second. PAL has a higher verticle resolution, but NTSC makes up for the resolution by refreshing faster.

The point I'm getting at is that the region code only serves as a guide for your player, telling it what speed to display at. After explaining that, it all goes back to the same point: After you've hacked or exploited a DVD player, it will auto detect PAL or NTSC as you are essentially just removing the regional block.

Region codes are basically piracy protection, designed in theory to control global release dates. All it serves for now is an extra step to circumvent.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    CHARSi's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    which is better ?? PAL OR NTSC ?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I have an older DVD player, and I downloaded a PAL movie, and it's playing all messed up in my DVD player. What's the easiest way to convert it to NTSC? It's a .img file?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by doogie88 View Post
    I have an older DVD player, and I downloaded a PAL movie, and it's playing all messed up in my DVD player. What's the easiest way to convert it to NTSC? It's a .img file?
    mount the img file with dameon tools and then use an app like winavi thats a easy 1 click solution.

Best way and hardest would be to use CCE and maybe have a look at http://www.videohelp.com for more info or http://www.doom9.org for guides and knowledge on video encoding.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Quick question, when I'm selecting the VOB files, do I select them ALL? I thought I seen a tutorial somewhere where they didn't select all of them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast