Thread: The Avi Problems Continue...

I downloaded 2 movies (409mb) and (261mb) , both in .avi format, and when i play them in real1 player It says i need to download some new software but it doesnt work, it wont run in windows media player or quicktime. It wont run in the Theater in kazaa or in Bsplayer. Or in AVIpreview. It also doesnt work in DivX player. When i play either of them in DivX it doesnt give me any error messages but it doesnt have a picture, it stays black, and the timer goes up like its playing but there is no audio either. I downloaded the Codec and it has no difference. What is the problem?!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Download K-lite codec Pack: Click Here

If it still doesn't play, use GSpot in the package to find which codec you need. Use Google to find it.
    If it still doesn't work, you probably can't play the file. (Might be a fake or was corrupted)

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Theyd better work, its frustrating to waste 15 hours f your time on a bunch of movies that dont work

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    try virtualdub or divfix

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Gokardan@10 May 2003 - 23:49
    Theyd better work, its frustrating to waste 15 hours f your time on a bunch of movies that dont work
    I know, but once you get your system straightened out to play just about anything you won't have to do this anymore. Stay at it, you'll figure it out. Follow the gspot advice, or you can use avicodec, so you know exactly what the problem is.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Sounds like he got one of the fakes. When you were downloadin it, did it go extremely fast?

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    FST Retiree
    Originally posted by Kabal@13 May 2003 - 19:48
    When you were downloadin it, did it go extremely fast?
    the always popular blank frames.