Thread: Google says it wants Microsoft's Vista to offer a choice of Internet search

frizshizzle's Avatar now paranoid. BT Rep: +1
    Google Inc. said Monday that it wanted Microsoft Corp. to keep open users' choice of Internet search engines in future products — but it refused to say if changes Microsoft has already made to operating system Vista have gone far enough.

"It's been our view that any new version of Microsoft products that include search, that that be done in a way that preserves user choice for search and other applications," said David C. Drummond, Google's senior vice president of corporate development.

Earlier this month, Microsoft said it had changed Vista in several key sectors — including its search service — in an attempt to soothe European antitrust worries.

EU Competition Commissioner Neelie Kroes wrote to Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer in March, pointing out possible issues with Vista's integrated Internet search, digital rights management tools used to protect copyrights and software that would create fixed-document formats comparable to Adobe Systems Inc.'s Portable Document Format, or PDF.

There is no formal investigation into Vista but Microsoft is still embroiled in a long-running legal challenge to the EU's 2004 antitrust order that found it broke competition law and fined it a record €497 million (US$613 million).

Symantec, Mcafee , Adobe, Google - who next?

Source: http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/..._Microsoft.php

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    true_neo's Avatar The Dark Lord Revan
    Quote Originally Posted by havingfun View Post
    Symantec, Mcafee , Adobe, Google - who next?
    Hell if I thought I had a case, I'D sue em if it would make Vista less "M$ r god bow to Billy Gator or die!"
    Sage goes in the signature field.