Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do I Open This Copy Of The Ring?

Roosh's Avatar Poster
    They're just called "The Ring CD 1" (697mb) "The Ring CD 2" (700mb). They downloaded as "type of file: file", and they come with the flourescent blue notepad icons. They don't open with any of the media players I've got and they didn't open up as iso files. I'm out of guesses here...

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    What's the file extension? avi, rm, mpeg???????

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    try to open the file with:
    Gspot [its in the k-lite codec pack]
    it will give you more info on the file type [it can give info on most files type]

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    Why don't you just try changing the extension .file to .avi, .mpeg or.mov?
    You can get a program to do so, Changetype or just put it in a folder, change it settings to show all inclusive of extensions and you are able to play around with the file types.

Brace yourself, The Ring is a pretty creepy show. I believe the Japanese version (1997) was better than the hollywood one. Just try both out, they are all creepy IMO.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Hi,

I had the same problem with The Ring(Ringu) movie and I used Gspot to find out which codec I need, it turns out that there is about 60MB missing from the film which is why it won't open.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Roosh's Avatar Poster
    Thanks for the reponses.
    So,
    I ran gspot, it told me I was missing an ac3 codec, did a google search which led to a forum topic describing the same problem as mine. Eventually followed suggestions there to download the ac3, xvid codec, update divx and install tsunami.
    I already had the k-lite codec pack installed and have got the latest beta version of nimo in case, but haven't installed it yet as I've heard it creates all kind of problems (I've got the nimo lite pack as well -- anyone know if that;s a safer alternative to build 9?)
    I restarted, saw that they were still "file" types and renamed them to .avi.
    Presto -- they work. True, sound is a little sub par, and the color seems darker than it should be (or is that the way it's supposed to be), but can't complain.

Thanks!

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Retired
    Originally posted by Roosh@11 May 2003 - 11:19
    Thanks for the reponses.
    So,
    I ran gspot, it told me I was missing an ac3 codec, did a google search which led to a forum topic describing the same problem as mine. Eventually followed suggestions there to download the ac3, xvid codec, update divx and install tsunami.
    I already had the k-lite codec pack installed and have got the latest beta version of nimo in case, but haven't installed it yet as I've heard it creates all kind of problems (I've got the nimo lite pack as well -- anyone know if that;s a safer alternative to build 9?)
    I restarted, saw that they were still "file" types and renamed them to .avi.
    Presto -- they work. True, sound is a little sub par, and the color seems darker than it should be (or is that the way it's supposed to be), but can't complain.

Thanks!
    so you have : ac3, xvid codec, divx, tsunami, nimo lite pack and K-lite codec pack installed ?

i think that if you will uninstall all of them and then re-install K-lite codec pack your movie will work

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Roosh's Avatar Poster
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, all of those except nimo are installed. So all of those are pointless and using up resources if k-lite pack's installed? I'll try that.

Anyone know while those 2 files downloaded without a filetype to begin with? Being smaller than normal or not having the proper codecs installed on one's system doesn't explain that...

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Roosh's Avatar Poster
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, all of those except nimo are installed. So all of those are pointless and using up resources if k-lite pack's installed? I'll try that.

Anyone know while those 2 files downloaded without a filetype to begin with? Being smaller than normal or not having the proper codecs installed on one's system doesn't explain that...

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Roosh's Avatar Poster
    [QUOTE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast