Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Avi Preview

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5
    At 200mb, AVI Preview would play 15mins of the movie that Im downloading. I have d/l a further 200mb and it will still only play 15mins of the movie. I am wondering if it is the file that Im downloading or if its a fault with AVI Preview.

    I have the latest version of Kazaa lite with the newest codec sofware.

  2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    it may be avi preview it dosnt tolerate much coruption of a file try useing ur reguler video player or run it thru Vdub and check for bad frames and repair them

  3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,053
    Originally posted by Iceflow@11 May 2003 - 07:14
    At 200mb, AVI Preview would play 15mins of the movie that Im downloading. I have d/l a further 200mb and it will still only play 15mins of the movie. I am wondering if it is the file that Im downloading or if its a fault with AVI Preview.

    I have the latest version of Kazaa lite with the newest codec sofware.
    exactly the same with me m8 on every file i preveiw,the only files
    it give me full access is xvid encoded files, anything else it just shows the first 2-3mins until the file is complete.Which is good enough seems u only need to c if the files what its supposed to b,still strange tjhou,a
    few k/l version ago i had no probs preveiw dat files in anyway any player anyhow

  4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5
    I have run it through VDUB and it has gone from 15mins to about 40mins but it still only plays for 15mins in AVI Preview. Do you think that the file will work Okay once it is fully Downloaded?

  5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by Iceflow@11 May 2003 - 13:37
    I have run it through VDUB and it has gone from 15mins to about 40mins but it still only plays for 15mins in AVI Preview. Do you think that the file will work Okay once it is fully Downloaded?
    How exactly did you do using Virtual Dub??
    Anyway,I think itīs gonna be no problem when the movie is downloaded complete.

  6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    I am having the same problem, but VDub won't even work for me. In AVI Preview it goes up to only 5 min. In VDub is goes to 5 min then an error pops up. I ran it through GSpot and they say I do not have the ac3 codec installed, but I DO!! I have the newest version!!

  7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Originally posted by jakpan@11 May 2003 - 19:47
    I am having the same problem, but VDub won't even work for me. In AVI Preview it goes up to only 5 min. In VDub is goes to 5 min then an error pops up. I ran it through GSpot and they say I do not have the ac3 codec installed, but I DO!! I have the newest version!!
    All AC3 version I tried included the one in K-Lite Codec Pack doesnīt show up in GSpot EXCEPT one which I got from here.
    AC3
    and with that one,I can even encode movies with AC3 to vcd/svcds etc which I couldnīt do with the one in the K-Lite Codec Pack.


    And about your problem that in stops in after 5 minutes,itīs problably have some bad frames which will make the movie stop but you can fix that later using Virtual Dub

  8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    ok, a problem with avipreview pausing at only X minutes could be because of any of the following:

    1. the Video stream for only the first X minutes has been obtained, and the remainder of the download consists of only audio stream. in this case, the final download product will be fine. AVi preview doesnt show the rest of the file because, well, theres nothing to "show" only audio. and it doesnt make sense having just the audio play while nothing come on screen

    2. there is a minor error on a [articular frame at the Xth minute which has caused AVI Preview to not proceed with the remainder of the film.

    a. in most cases, the error is only minor, and the final film will play without any problems
    b. in some cases, the error might be drastic causing the Audio to go out of sync with the video or may cause the picture to freeze while the audio track keeps playing. in thesee cases, use the dynamic duo of AvideFreeze and DixFix and VirtualDub to smooth out the error.

    3. the source file does not contain any relevant data after X minutes. this is very rare.

    4. the file is corrupt, and u probly have to redownload it.

    i hope this helps...

    later
    xyz

  9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Crack_man, the one you gave me doesn't help either.
    The error I get in VDub is ("No audio decompresser could be found to decompress the source audio format)

  10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Originally posted by jakpan@12 May 2003 - 00:09
    Crack_man, the one you gave me doesn't help either.
    The error I get in VDub is ("No audio decompresser could be found to decompress the source audio format)
    whats your problem with the movie?
    Are you just want to see the movie in your computer or do you want to encode it to like VCD or something??

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •