Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Comics, Comics Comics"... Everything And Anything

Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@12 May 2003 - 14:18
    Jibby, the first Dark Knight Storyline is 10x better then the second, its truely grand... pick the TPB sometime...
    I'm ordering this and the Jean Gray/Phoenix storyline on TPB. Can't wait until my comic shop gets them in. I think if people on this board read some of the Max titles, they'd realize that comics aren't for kids anymore. In fact, comics are becoming very graphic, and the target age is 18-28, similar to that of the PS/2. Food for thought.
    Proud member of MDS

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@12 May 2003 - 14:18
    Preacher is a great series, Ennis is truely messed up, lol... i thinkt thats why i liked the beggining of Fury so much, though I dont know if Ennis is still on there....
    I love Ennis. He's back writing for the Punisher saga again, which is where he belongs. I've started to buy trades of his older work, and I'm very impressed. He's one twisted cat, that's all I've got to say.
    Proud member of MDS

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@12 May 2003 - 09:43
    Sure, manga is great

What transformers do you like? Have you read any of the new stuff released under the dreamworks label? Some really good reads. The old stuff is still classic of course, from the Marvel days.
    I own at least a version fo every Dreamwave Transformers comic book except Armada, which I haven't read yet. I would like to purchase some of the Marvel ones, but they're too expensive where I live.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Ya, Ennis is great. Hes one of my favs right now, along with Mark Millar: Authority, (formerly, ultimate xmen, etc) .

Authority is great stuff, the uber violence was tremendous, lol... 3 willy Seth? ROFL... good stuff...

Ya, that dreamwave transformers has been great. Love readin that so far.

I have the last issue of transformers, from the marvel series, worth a mint, lol...

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Infested Cats's Avatar Mike Victory
    I love "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac", "I Feel Sick", "Squee", "Filler Bunny", "Bad Art Collection", and "Everything Can Be Beaten" by Johnen Vasquez. He's the creator of "Invader Zim," which was cancelled by Nickalodian (morons).

I alos love the comic "Bone" by Jeff Smith.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Bone is wonderfull book, always been a fan of that.

I was glad when image finnaly got ahold of the rights, and did some reprints, as those early issues were a bitch to come by...

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Schmiggy, do you read Rising Stars from Image? Or Midnight Nation? They are both excellent, though RS has two more issues until the conclusion. Really good stuff, belongs in every comic collection. B)
    Proud member of MDS

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Jayhawk
    Dilbert is good

9. Lounge   -   #29
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by Jibbler@12 May 2003 - 23:38
    Schmiggy, do you read Rising Stars from Image?  Or Midnight Nation?  They are both excellent, though RS has two more issues until the conclusion.  Really good stuff, belongs in every comic collection. B)
    I havent read much of it, i have the first few issues, unfortunately it was one of those, tighten the budget issues, and i had drop it. But i love Strackynski (sp?)'s work, which I have read, hes a tremendous writer.

One of the underated books that i really enjoy is code name knockout, have you ever read that? Pretty good stuff, plenty of adult humor, mostly tastefull, and some good action, think Bond, but female, way hot, with a gay male sidekick, lol....

BTW, famke janses was on letterman, or something, saying the following

"The character was evolving....into the Dark Phoenix!" said Famke Janssen about her X2 storyline on "Late Show with Craig Killborn" indicating they may skip the first 'Phoenix' storyline.
    This is comic book, and movie related... so ill mention... i pray they dont fuck up the dark phoenix storyline by doing it an injustice on the big screen, especially with singer rumored to not be the director for x3... the source material, the dark phoenix storyline is one of the greatest in comic book history... alot of fan boys will be hot if it doesnt come off right...

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@13 May 2003 - 01:29
    But i love Strackynski (sp?)'s work, which I have read, hes a tremendous writer.
    Yes, he's currently finishing RS, and he's got another 10 issues os Amazing Spiderman before he'll move on to anything new. Some writers, like Brian Michael Bendis, have always had talent, but they haven't had a truly creative outlet until recently. These books are not for kids anymore. B)

I haven't read codename knockout, but my everlong wantlist continues to grow. I didn't get into the hobby until about 2 or 3 years ago. All my friends collected when I was a kid, I started as an adult.

I'm really looking forward to reading the Phoenix storyline. The trade I ordered should be in tomorrow at the comic shop near me.
    Proud member of MDS

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast