Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Comics, Comics Comics"... Everything And Anything

1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Okay, this is my first topic here, and I want it to be a good one. I love comics... Im like the brody of mallrats... I love comics that much, Id fight my way through a mob of hopefull stan lee meeters, just to get my weekly comics...

So, this is my comic thread, or, our comic thread. Talk about anything related to comics, characters, different series, writers, artists, (yes even inkers, or is that tracers, lol). So, if you love comics, or want to chat comics, come here...

So to start this off, heres my first topic to chat about... lets make it simply...

Favorite running comic title, and favorite mini series... what is yours?

My favorite comic title ever, has to be the X-men, now running as Uncanny X-men... the depth of the characters, the powers, the fact that they were human, to an extent, the great arcs of the times, dark phoenix, days of future past, age of apocalypse, onslaught... etc...

My favorite mini series ever, has to be Frank Millars "The Dark Night Returns"... yes, over even the infamous "Watchmen"... the dark night returns, the story of a batman past his prime, and his dual with changing of the times, going toe to toe with the joker, the mutant leader, and even the big S himself, Superman, truely a sight to behold, and definately worthy of the title, a graphic novel....

so, there were go, add your own thoughts, give out some more ideas, topics, etc... lets talk COMICS!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    I don't know I particularly like the really kiddy ones. Calvin and Hobbes, the Rugrats, Peanuts and Garfield. THose are the ones that appear free on your daily newspaper. Other than that, I would only spend time reading manga.

About Marvel comics, I have a few in my closet somewhere but I don't particularly like them because it's hard to find the sequel to a comic you read halfway.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Maybe in Austrailia? With ebay, and comic cons, and comic shops, ive always been able to find what ive needed or wanted...

and by the way, mravel isnt the only comic publisher, theres DC (superman, batman), Image (spawn, jay and silent bob), Dark Horse (Buffy, Akira), Top Cow (witchblade), CrossGen, tons of them.

also, calvin hobbes has to be one of the greatest strips ever... sophisticated humor, had to love it.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Dilbert's pretty good...

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. Lounge   -   #5
    I love comics but haven't really bought any for about 6 years. My favourite comics are :

Watchmen - Alan Moore/Dave Gibbons

V For Vendetta - Alan Moore/David Lloyd

Batmanark Knight Returns - Frank Miller

Ronin - Frank Miller

Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again (Return match with Superman!&#33

I generally used to buy the collected editions because it could be difficult to keep up with the releases. I may get back into buying soon if this forum inspires me!!
    Signature removed

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    My favourites:
    -Heinz
    -Jan, Jans en de kinderen (first 10 or so, the more recent albums aren't that good anymore)
    -Dilbert (ofcourse, the absurdity)
    -Tintin (very good stories)

(I'll try to think of some more)

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Dilbert and Calvin & Hobbes are always good for a laugh and I still have a subscription for the Donald Duck.

But my favorite comics must be Witchblade and Darkness.

Btw. I have all Witchblades on my PC, ready to be shared.
    Are there any other people with lots of comic files?
    If so, perhaps it's a good idea to open a 'Verifieds in a can' thread to post all comic-hashes there (a la the verified Anime thread)? Let me know what you think.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

8. Lounge   -   #8
    If you want a really good X-Men read then try and get the Fall of the Mutants (around issues 225 to 230 or so if I remember correctly). Chris Claremont's writing has never been better.

Recent issues of the Hulk have been quite good as well.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    fall of the mutants was wonderfull, but do you really put it ahead of claremonts dark phoenix? There was so much greatness thoughout that run, its really hard to pick a defining moment... i think, of all the comics that had so many different writers, etc.... xmen is still more associated with claremont, they any one else... even stan who created them, and I think that is great, considering it was years ago, and he wasnt the creator...

the god loves, man kills story acr, (x2 loosely based on this), was great also.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Fav. comic books:
    - Garfield
    - Transformers <--They still rule&#33;
    - Naruto <--Does manga count?

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast