Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Drummer

you cant look past Jon Bonham.

2. Music   -   #152
    terry bozzio, drummed with Frank Zapper and now with Fantômas with mike patton

3. Music   -   #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Ad View Post
    Whats everyones favourite drummer?

Mine has to be

Danny Carey from Tool
    Agreed, with a close 2nd to John Bonham of Led Zeppelin.

4. Music   -   #154
    Akiko's Avatar Member
    Rob Bourdon from Linkin Park.
    And in second the drummer from Disturbed.
    Still between reality and ideals

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=155719&dateline=1171720517

5. Music   -   #155
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    JoJo Mayer , Vinnie Colaiuta , Dave Weckl , Steve Gadd , Jon Willis , Zoro , Rodney Holmes , Stanton Moore , Benny Greb , Thomas Lang , Tony Williams , Dom Famularo , Jeff Porcaro , Steve Smith , John Blackwell and bunch of others that i dont remember right now

6. Music   -   #156
    milkman_dan's Avatar Poster
    I'm surprised by the number of people who have said that Lars Ulrich is a "great" drummer. He is definitely... a drummer, but nothing special really. Of course, you could put a quadruple amputee behind the drum set for MetallicA and I would still listen to it.

My personal favorite drummer is Vinnie Paul. (Formerly of Pantera/Damageplan) He's one of the few metal drummers I've listened to that plays with insane speed and technicality, rather than just playing fast and heavy.

7. Music   -   #157
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    [QUOTE=Katastrophik;1780360]JoJo Mayer , Vinnie Colaiuta , Dave Weckl , Steve Gadd , Jon Willis , Zoro , Rodney Holmes , Stanton Moore , Benny Greb , Thomas Lang , Tony Williams , Dom Famularo , Jeff Porcaro , Steve Smith , John Blackwell and bunch of others that i dont remember right now[/QUOTE

I'm guessing you're a fan of drummers, generally.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Music   -   #158
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    [quote=j2k4;1781061]
    Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophik View Post
    JoJo Mayer , Vinnie Colaiuta , Dave Weckl , Steve Gadd , Jon Willis , Zoro , Rodney Holmes , Stanton Moore , Benny Greb , Thomas Lang , Tony Williams , Dom Famularo , Jeff Porcaro , Steve Smith , John Blackwell and bunch of others that i dont remember right now[/QUOTE

I'm guessing you're a fan of drummers, generally.

These guys has influenced me in my playing in
    lotta different ways

9. Music   -   #159
    Quote Originally Posted by riesdepies View Post
    Dennis Chambers is fantastic.

Also, there as an amazing video of Tony Royster Jr on Kazaa.
    All drummers should see this video. The kid drumming is 12 years old. It will TOTALLY freak you out!
    It's about 21 MB.
    It's also on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPncumXZExo

10. Music   -   #160
    "4 bottletops-Good" BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv View Post
    for flat out cool to watch, Gene Kupra. see the old video of Benny Goodman doing sing, sing, sing and watch Gene going crazy on the drums.
    I completely agree. He's my my long time favourite and I can't see anyone coming close to him when it comes to pure swing drumming.
    #1 for rock would be John Bonham and for all around jazz etc. I like Tommy Igoe.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast