Thread: How do admins block BT?

Nardz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    hey guys i posted a few days ago about BT being blocked in my apartment complex and out of curiosity how exactly do admins block BT, Usenet and other file sharing programs?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Torrent Lover BT Rep: +1
    They might do that.You should try proxy.Use the same proxy for both browser and torrent client and happy downloads.Be sure you choose good proxies.Sometimes proxies with 80 and 8080 don't work but with 3128(usually chinese proxies) work.That is how i was downloading from university.

And why needed 2nd post BTW?
    Last edited by myfranco; 11-02-2006 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Added last phrase

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    erax's Avatar & No God But Allah & BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by myfranco View Post
    They might do that.You should try proxy.Use the same proxy for both browser and torrent client and happy downloads.Be sure you choose good proxies.Sometimes proxies with 80 and 8080 don't work but with 3128(usually chinese proxies) work.That is how i was downloading from university.

And why needed 2nd post BTW?
    using proxy with bitmetv would disable your account
    they don't allow proxy at all

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Torrent Lover BT Rep: +1
    bitmetv sucks.The worst site i've seen in my life.Money beggers and ass suckers.I hope they die.The disabled my account with no given reason(no cheating,no banned client with ratio over 0.8)
    BTW i used proxy with Bitmetv for about 3 months and nothing happened.It wasn't my account and that account is still active.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    oh wow ive never used a proxy before. what would be a good site to go through? i dont mind paying if the speeds good.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Doing that in a UNI can get you expelled. siskokid, just get your own private ISP because you filesharing will slow down the net for all in your appartment building.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    i can actually download fine at school. im talking about my apartment complex trust me a know it would slow down the network but i would set it up to only download late at night. im just getting sick of hauling my labtop back and forth to school. but your right i probably should get my own isp. but moneys a little tight right now.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    I think using azureus with packet encription on and udp off should work. You are behind a nat so you will be unconnectable but you should be able to use bittorrent. Im behind a nat too and its how I use bittorrent.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 360 View Post
    I think using azureus with packet encription on and udp off should work. You are behind a nat so you will be unconnectable but you should be able to use bittorrent. Im behind a nat too and its how I use bittorrent.
    encryption does not work ive tryed it with both utorrent and azureus