Thread: Best BT alternative

Unsure

What do you think is the best BT alternative for those rare occasions you just cannot find your warez of choice on almost any tracker (private or public) for:
    1. Large files like TV Eps, Movies, ISOs, Albums etc.
    2. Small files like mp3 songs, nekkid clips etc.

1. For large files, I love IRC for leeching stuff. Great speeds, scene stuff and a leechers paradise without any guilt associated (you are not expected to upload stuff in most xdcc channels, just leech and leave). I do enjoy the community atmosphere and giving back Karma on most BT private sites, but there are times when the speeds might be slow or I just don't find a quality torrent. Its not that difficult to use either. Just half hour for a tutorial on slyck or some place and follow the guidelines.

2. As for those times when you need to search and download that one song that comes to mind, I used to use Kazaa like till about three years ago and tried WinMX, eMule and Ares at different times in last 2-3 years. Have them all uninstalled now and really go the complete n00b way of googling for a song's mp3. What do you ppl think is the best way/network for this?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    for me theres not alternative for torrents
    every file u want u can get in torrent
    but i use emule for smaller things like cracked apps cuz its much easy and faster there

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Torrenter
    I think usenet is the best alternative as it has got a lot of content plus very fast speeds providing you have access to a good server.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Ne'tu's Avatar Member BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I've never tried Usenet or IRC but I've found almost everything I wanted on eMule. It's a great file sharing network but it has some drawbacks.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    i second Ne'tu's pov, although, if you are expecting lightning speeds, by all means avoid it

except for that, it has all the advantages the bt network does not: huge database, longevity and guarantee of "seeders" at any given time. definitely the way to go for rare/obscure/non-0day stuff. you can search for almost anything and most likely find it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Emule is your best chance . just make sure you give it planty of time.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    lapa221's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    erase plz
    Last edited by lapa221; 11-02-2006 at 02:33 PM. Reason: bad category

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    lapa221's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    erase plz
    Last edited by lapa221; 11-02-2006 at 02:33 PM. Reason: bad cat