Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is KLR slowly dying?

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I have NO intention of abandoning Kazaa - I love it too much
    Sucks to be you. There is a reason that Kazaa is dying (most of us consider it dead already), and you have mentioned several reasons, yet you emphatically say that you're not leaving. Why? There are soooooo many great alternatives out there, yet you're pledging your devotion to the slowest, buggiest file sharing program in the land.

You've already found this forum which has an enormous wealth of information on it. Everything from program tutorials and guides, bit-torrent invites just waiting for you, free NZB's, and experienced, knowledgeable user's to help you if ever there's a question.

What are you waiting for?

yo

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    leave Kazaa for Bitorrent?

NEVER!!

I'm with Kazaa to the bitter end, until the program is unusable...

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Kazaa is at the bottom of the P2P food chain.

If you 'bottom feeders' get what you need then good for you, it no longer serves it's purpose for me.

I was actually suprised to hear it's still alive.. but we all started off somewhere and kazaa is where it began for me.

Gotta start somewhere.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Seevers View Post
    Kazaa is at the bottom of the P2P food chain.

If you 'bottom feeders' get what you need then good for you, it no longer serves it's purpose for me.

I was actually suprised to hear it's still alive.. but we all started off somewhere and kazaa is where it began for me.

Gotta start somewhere.
    I started there too, but as soon as I knew of other choices, I started experimenting and quickly learned what I was missing. These idiots that make statements such as "I will NOT leave Kazaa", and "leave Kazaa for bit-torrent? NEVER!!" I'm sorry to say but, deserve everything they get. They have heard of the alternatives but turn a blind eye, yet continue to bitch about their current network/programs problems. You can't help someone that won't help themselves.

There are great programs such as Soulseek which even have a similar UI as Kazaa, for those that are hesitant to change for that reason. It's a music lover's paradise! Please check your screeching files at the door though.

If you're downloading movies, TV shows, etc with Kazaa and are still sticking with it, all I can say is WOW. I remember some five years ago when I was downloading movies from Kazaa and I would be happy as a little school girl when a movie downloaded within 24 hours.

Nowdays, I'm easily used to downloading a movie in an hour and TV shows in 10 minutes or so.

You Kazaa patrons are gonna slap yourselves once you realise what you're missing, either tomorrow, or in years down the road.

PS - This next quote gave me a much needed laugh.

I predict users will go down to the point where it will be ignored/not noticed. And this will be its strength again, as with regaining its anonymity its community will be able to grow back...
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-16-2006 at 08:43 AM.

yo

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    klr? i remember kl...maybe that came out after i left p2p heh

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    To be frank , i never really tried kazaa that much. Was into ares/shareazaa , and apollon in linux

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Hasn't it been dead for a long time? I remember it being plagued by viruses and fake crap...

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Try downloading the last original Kazaa lite

http://www.filemirrors.com/search.sr...itekpp243e.exe

and update it here https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-wha...590/postcount2

Then post back here how it worked...

make it a fresh install... thus delete all traces of any other Kazaa you might have installed...
    Last edited by thewizeard; 12-17-2006 at 08:00 AM.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    Kazaa has definitely taken a hit of some sort about 2 month ago.

The users went down from about 2.5 million to 700.000. Tonight I logged into Kazaa and saw only 300.000. I'm also experiencing connection difficulties. Still files continue to download ok.

Theres no doubt that this is one of Kazaas bad spells. However I'm not giving up on it until the program is completely kaput, and I don't believe this will ever happen.

I predict users will go down to the point where it will be ignored/not noticed. And this will be its strength again, as with regaining its anonymity its community will be able to grow back, in the same vane as the early days of Napster. And then Kazaa will be a pain in the ass for RIAA et al.

Kazaa will never die!!...but its having a bad patch admittedly...

Can't be bothered with bit torrent, its too exclusive and elitist...

That's rubbish of course even a fool, can download torrents....(I mean I can)

also the number of online users will depend on the supernode that you are connected to..., which in it's turn, might not be connected to others. In fact if someone "forces " the supernode mode, and you connect to it...you might find that only a handful users are to be seen online. Maybe you should download a current list of good supernodes...
    Last edited by thewizeard; 12-18-2006 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Typo as usual :)

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    catalyst05's Avatar Member BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Kazaa must be died because we was downloading shit mp3 . this mp3 was including beep sound and silence.. and it have adware spyware....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast