Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trustworthy invitees?

When offering invites, how does one know who would be a good person to invite? I have invites to a couple of private sites, and I don't want to give them out to anyone who's going to possibly abuse those invites. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    You never know, thats the truth of it. I have given out and traded LADS of invites. Most of em went VERY well, some of them on the other hand...not so well. I would say make sure they have ratio proof ( screenshots ) if the username is blocked out make them give you the name and PM them on the site if you are a member there as well. Also check the scammers list here
    Check them out as much as you can. One other thing is make some friends here ( I have ) people with more posts than yourself who have been here longer. They might know this user good or bad. Every little bit helps right. Rember to protect yourself as much as possible. When it all comes down to it it is all about trust.

I haven't been here that long but feel free to PM me with any concerns you may have I will give you my best answer. Good luck and welcome to FST
    Last edited by Detale; 11-03-2006 at 02:25 AM. Reason: added sumtin!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Nice explaination detale also you have to give chance to new members i believe anyway. Ofcourse you have to do your usual screenshot checking for ratios. If they have good stats on all sites then you could easily assume that they will not abuse the site and actually use it.

Edit:- My 900th Post!!!
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i would check their profile on a site where you are also a member to see what their ratio is and to pm them there making sure they are, who they say they are.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Awesome. Thanks so much for the tips. I'm pretty new to the trading invites thing.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    and if they scam u, you can just ask the staff of that particulary torrent site to disable his/her acc, it's really nice to see that they can no longer use that acc, but of course your invite is lost.

anyway, the peopel who have invites to really rare sitrs are more trustworthy than the others, of course scammers/liares don't count here.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Good advices! For people likes me amateur 100% in this topic.

Thnks m8s.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Oh, and beware of username censors in the ratio "proofs" they PM/email you, especially when you're trading accounts. There's usually no need to do that since it's one-on-one, unless they suspect you're a snitch.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    yep, i never give out free invites to people who give me theyre usernames blacked out via pm.

i mean, its a private message, if they dont trust me with their user details, why should i trust them in return and invite them?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster
    thanks for the good information here. i feel more at ease about giving invites now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast