Thread: Ddos Attacks

SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I was just wondering what was with the increase of DDoS attacks on places like fasttrackmovies. As far as I know I've never really come across such attacks but recently a few big sites that I've been looking at have gone down for varying amounts of time. I've even seen a site where people against programs like Kazaa are offering to perform the attacks for others.

Are these attacks serious?
    Are attacks (big ones) being tried on K-Lite.TK?
    Is it easy to report/trace such actions?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    http://grc.com/dos/grcdos.htm

That is pretty interesting reading and will answer most of your questions.

I doubt there is a huge community out there waiting to attack sites like k-lite.tk because of the service it provides. but to other sites it is a big problem on occasion.

It is very hard to find the source of such attack because all the packets sent will probably be spoofed. so no information will be provided about the source.

and ddos attack are spread out so it makes it even more difficult and destructive.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Thanks for the link

I remember why the attack on fasttrack stood out. I got e:mails a while back of .TK (redirection service) going down because of a similar attack. Apparently this was a big one which was against 7 or so root servers which downed about 400,000 redirections to sites and is being investigated by the FBI...