Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Me Or Xp

I've been using windows me for quite some time now.i have found it to be v good with just the odd occasional error.

i was just wandering what peoples opinion are towards windows xp,as i have got a disk (windows xp pro corporate bootable)

should i use it or should i stay with windows me?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    If it works don't fix it. Change is nice though, I've been using ME since I've had this computer occasionally switching over to XP, but it never lasted long, always went back.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    If I were you I would install windows xp. Windows Me is really buggy. Once you start windows xp you won't want to go back at least for me.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Kokanee's Avatar The beer out here!
    I used to use ME for along time and never encountered any sort of problems while running it. I don't understand what the big fuss about using Win ME is all about? I have switched over to Win XP Pro and love it and will probably stay with XP until this comp is six feet under. I think all the ME critics have never used ME as their OS and are judging by what they have heard. No probs here and no one I know running ME has ever had a problem....so Run ME - XP doesn't matter.
    -The thing I like about XP is that I find it easier to find the things I need .
    -The colors are nice too .
    -Boot up was a little faster.
    -A few extra features
    -Can set restore points
    -Additional users blah blah blah........
    Go with XP - LOL

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    You can use both as long as ME is your first installment.
    Use partitionmanager (e.g. Partitionmagic) to add a ntfs-partition.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    hey i had the same predicament ME was sucking co** for me too many blue screens got OEM XP HOME EDITION FROM A FRIEND CLEAN INSTALL IM FINE NOW INSTALL IT I RECCOMEND

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I would go with Windows XP it is truley anmazing 100 times better than ME

just the look of XP and everything about XP is great you wouldn't regret using XP

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    I used to have Windows ME. What I didn't like the most about it was that with 512 RAM, I somehow ran out of memory with not that many applications open. Never had that problem with XP. If you have the necessary RAM, 256+ is usually the best for XP, 128 is doable though. I was quite happy that I upgraded.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Thank you all very much for your feedback...Its been very helpful.

I think i'm going to stick with ME for a while longer.....I'm just not confident enough at the moment to put XP onto my comp.

P.S Thanks again.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    more fool you if your sticking with ME

its like asking should i get a pentium celeron 733mhz processor or a pentium 4 3.06ghz

but your choice

fuck Derby County

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast