Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Me Or Xp

Just my 2 cents............... I used ME for 2 years and experienced a regular dose of Blue Screen lock-ups. Finally I learned how to make my own bootable XP Pro Corp, thanx to the great members of this forum. I can tell you that XP is Rock-solid compared to ME. I still need to add some RAM as I currently have only 128mb. But even at that level it runs great when not overloading it with opened programs. XP will also be around for quite some time as the new Microsoft OS that will eventually replace it, isn't due out untill 2004 or maybe even 2005. That means XP will be the most popular OS for another 3 or 4 years. Windows ME was basically a commercial release that ran on the same 9X platform as 95,98,98SE............. it's your call.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    BANNED
    First of all I havnt bothered to read all the thread i see it pointless becasue I cant see anyone chosen ME.

Me has a screen saver thats blue in fact its a perment screen saver sometimes

It love telling u that ur doing illigel operations all the time even when your not it funny that it doesnt tell u when u are

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    fix it when its completely broken.. until then leave it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Just thought i would let you all know.

I've given in to all you xp lovers and taken off ME and put on XP.

I've not had much time at the moment to play with it ,what little time i have,I'm impressed

I don't think i would have had the bottle to put XP onto my comp
    if it was not for all the great and much appreciated feedback that i got from this post...Thank you all

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    I have used both, and I have to admit, while using ME, I thought there was no way I would switch to XP, but when it came time for a new puter, I went ahead and made the switch, and I definately do not regret it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234