• yes

25 80.65%
  • no

6 19.35%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sticky Please Vote

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I think it's a pretty good idea.
    Possibly the best way to keep it up to date would be in the same way as the BT Sites thread, updating the first post and removing post casting votes.

Alternatively, there may be a board plugin allowing people to add reputation points to members (as they do on Experts Exchange), although it would probably need to be hacked/tweaked to work only in the BT Invites section.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Who is to say that Joeblow #1 hasnt made two accounts here and is basically pumping himself up by posting Joeblow #2 has a +5?
    Sorry to burst your idea but its just a scenrio that could come about, if you can shoot me down please do so.
    Last edited by DKre8ive1; 11-04-2006 at 10:49 AM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    The Best Trader BT Rep: +5
    I'd go for that more than the stupid posts thing--a completely stupid idea.

-TCG.
    Hello!

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    Who is to say that Joeblow #1 hasnt made two accounts here and is basically pumping himself up by posting Joeblow #2 has a +5?
    Sorry to burst your idea but its just a scenrio that could come about, if you can shoot me down please do so.
    That`s not the only problem of this thread.
    Actually through this thread you can know who trades invites and report`em.
    Moreover, till now I can see some users who report traders to the trackers, moreover, they are "good traders" themselves
    Last edited by jaqozo; 11-04-2006 at 10:55 AM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    We'll see how its used.

I'd prefer a proper voting system whereby members can add points to someone else's reputation after they themselves have met criteria such as post count, time limits etc.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    The Best Trader BT Rep: +5
    ^ I preffer that too. Although I don't see how this survey/input will help. The selection proccess is not random and revolves around if anyone bothers reading stickies, if anyone can read english, if anyone even votes, etc.

But yeah. w/e

-TCG
    Hello!

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Buggyme's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Yeah well, the question is, will the admins of the board implement the 'voting system' or not. I'd prefer the system as well.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    Buggyme's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    Well, if joeblow is to make another account, he has to wait a month to get in this forum, which I think will deter people from making extra accounts.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    and if user 1 pm's user 2 saying he's gonna add him to the trusted traders list if he does the same and they both scam afterwards wouldn't it be sucky?? anyway everyone kinda knows the trusted users by their activity in the forums

just my 50 cents
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Im sure there are kinks to work out as with any good idea. I think realits and the rest of the staff here will do a top notch job. Good luck guys!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast