Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: A Nation Of Cowards Celebrating Illusions

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Very well thn,melql-

If you wouldn't mind descending from your utopian treehouse for a minute...
    Can you name one country who's foriegn policy/ world presence over the past 50 years you would hold up as a sterling example for the US to emulate?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    i said the WEST...i don't live in a utopia-like state...i want a peaceful world...that it wont happen doesn't mean i have to chant war war war...and you cant claim a victory if what you have defeated was your own man..the US armed Saddam and the CIA supposedly trained him did they consult the people for who they want?. .. if they picked him then screw em but if they didnt then why would they entrust someone with so much power?...ok so we are surrounded by darkaged fucked up nations...personally i think we should just let them get on with it( cue onslaught)...they hate us anyway...give them time and the shit will start again. What happened on 9/11 was appaling but i cant help but think we should close the doors and force them to sort it the fuck out...the West wasn't born a democracy and in some places still isnt...look at the downfall(mostly) of communism..without the people overthrowing it, with whatever shit goes on by governments. its a waste of time...how long do you think it will be b4 that wretched fucking lot over in the middle east will go straight back to the first one that offers them
    'freedom' from the US/Uk? Africa is in a pitiful state...we dont intervene there...no oil perhaps but then when was the last time you heard of a terrorist act by an African terrorist group in our part of the world...i make no secret..9/11 scared the crap out of me..i don't want no boats rocked..if that makes me a fool then so be it...peace and shut the fucking doors!!!!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    UserNumber3141
    To the one who posted the first message. I challenge you to serve, but one year, in Iraq as a soldier. Perhaps your opinion, of the mistakes a soldier may make, will change.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Bit of a random bump there, but welcome

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Bit of a random bump there, but welcome
    FFS! I vaguely remember this from way back but as a first post bump that is one hell of an archaelogical dig.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    bit of controversial throughout the start

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I have not read such an unmitigated, misguided, uninformed, comprehensively and unrelentingly STUPID screed since Dubya was elected.

Sidney Hall, Jr. seems to think the United States is nothing more than a spindle of plump red cheeks, to be sent forever spinning by slaps administered by international passersby.

WHAT AN ASSHOLE!!!
    I couldn't of said it any better and i won't even try.Great response!

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    OK, i'll go for the hate mail

We're nations of Cowards AND Hero's.

Anyone that screams for war and isn't willing to stand up and fight by joining up and/or encouraging their own loved ones to do this if they can't, is a Coward (and a hypocrit)... that covers most of the "Hawks" in charge of the US and UK, amongst others.

Those that DON'T believe in it, but are unwilling to be heard or make a noise, are Cowards.

Those that go, and believe in what they are doing are Hero's.

Those that DON'T believe in it; and shout out about how wrong it is, despite being shit on from a great hight for standing up for what they believe in because it goes against the majority and/or the official stance, is also a Hero.

I think the majority are therefore neither... they just dont give a fuck.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 03-25-2008 at 09:35 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345