Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Nation Of Cowards Celebrating Illusions

Originally posted by sara5564@21 May 2003 - 05:19
    Even a democracy is never truly democratic, plurality is an illusion to keep us all from despair.

We who speak of forebearance have no power...we cannot control the media or our governments...only through discourse can our true feelings be articulated...but we can change nothing and cannot be blamed as individuals for the evil that governments do.
    like, gag me with a spoon

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@20 May 2003 - 19:05
    Indeed, Tripod is a fearsome foe.

Elucidate, please.

I'm missing something here.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker+20 May 2003 - 09:09--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 20 May 2003 - 09:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@20 May 2003 - 07:51
    Look to the south, my friend-&#39;tis already hap&#39;nin&#33;

We&#39;re doomed... [/b][/quote]
    This post (does it show on your PC?) is of the Tripod logo; MN was, I think, being &#39;mystical&#39;.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by myfiles3000+20 May 2003 - 23:55--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (myfiles3000 @ 20 May 2003 - 23:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--sara5564@21 May 2003 - 05:19
    Even a democracy is never truly democratic, plurality is an illusion to keep us all from despair.

We who speak of forebearance have no power...we cannot control the media or our governments...only through discourse can our true feelings be articulated...but we can change nothing and cannot be blamed as individuals for the evil that governments do.
    like, gag me with a spoon [/b][/quote]
    Careful myfiles-

We&#39;re recruiting Sara as our resident etherealist, and trying to accomplish this at a reasonable cost; talent like hers is, well...... ethereal.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Originally posted by j2k4@21 May 2003 - 07:04

This post (does it show on your PC?) is of the Tripod logo; MN was, I think, being &#39;mystical&#39;.
    I&#39;m mystified&#33;
    On my screen ( and in my head ) this is a picture of the Tijuana border crossing&#33;
    You guys are seeing something else?
    Hmmm...

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I see an advertisement for www.tripod.com, with its logo.....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    That was just weird...

My point (such as it was) should be clearer now.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Originally posted by Hellhammer@14 May 2003 - 03:57
    High Horse???Thats good but im not an American so dont even try to begin to compare me to one of your type,please.Excellent rationilization my fellow Human.Understanding and Acceptance are two things the usa needs to learn BIG time.Fortunetly(my spelling sux,so what) the tables are not turned,You guys ARE the leaders,start setting an example.
    And Just because your a Democratic Country with more WMD and Nukes and ICBMs dont make u ALWAYS right or Right to do what u want when u want.But like u said ,thats reality.The US government needs to step very carefully for they are on the virge of becoming hated by everyone not just the Middle East,Asia and Africa.Come to think of it most of Europe cannot stomach u either.
    Now your probably saying&#39;&#39;shiiit,who cares what the rest of the world thinks of us" And thats exactly the problem,U just dont care,unless there is Oil,or other Valueable Resources to gain.So all u American &#39;&#39;people&#39;&#39; hace a lovely time in cowering in fear over next Terrorist attack,and good luck with all your vengeful Wars on humanity.ps i hear Iran or Syria is next,or maybe North Korea,since they do have WMD,,what someone else has Nuclear Weapons besides the good ol&#39; US of A..OH NO&#33;&#33;&#33;
    hell..you got my vote

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Originally posted by melgl@28 May 2003 - 19:51

hell..you got my vote
    If he had his way you wouldn&#39;t have a vote to give...

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    i think Britain is quite capable of handling itself...its been stuck in the middle of facism,nazism communism and all the shit in the world and fought and fought and caused some shit itself.....b4 ANYONE mentions WW2 the US would have faced a wall of nazis/commies the works had it not popped in at the end...respect to the us soldiers who died but at the end of the day no
    country can survive solely on its own...my real problem with the US is its dangerous ignorance of the world around it..after 9/11 the whole world shared its sorrow an minutes silence...hell would freeze b4 the US ever showed such concern for anybody else...i dont hate the US i detest its self importance above all others and its mindless arrogance with regards to foreign policy The Taliban and Hussein were both products of the West&#39;s needs to rearrange the world to suit itself without regards to the consequences...it is hardly in a position to pat itself on the back for removing what it put there in the first place.The Uk is no saint either at the end of the day i just wish like everyone else for some peace...not more f***Ing wars and religious fanatics who think &#39;God is on my side&#39;

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast