Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Downloaded Cd1 And Cd2 For Gta Vc

_John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    I was looking through the FAQ and didnt see anything that matched this question, so I was just hoping to get some help on what to do with these two files, they total like 1.44 GB so I think it is the files.

But they are all name like vca files I believe, what should I do with them?

Btw, I have alcohol, can I use that with it? I just got it from a LAN party last night, so im not really up on what it does, or how to use it.

Sigh, yes I know ima newbie

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    Ok, did you download the game from the links in the vice city post? What you need is winrar. Open winrar, browse to cd1. Then right click on one of the vice city files. And put open with winrar, once its opened, inside should see a bin and a cue, if you dont, open another one of the files until u see a bin and a cue. Once u do, extract that file to a folder, then use nero and burn the cue. Do the same for cd2. Mine is 23% downloading still!

3. Games   -   #3
    I try and open it with win RAR but it says the Archive is either of an unknown format or is damaged.

?

4. Games   -   #4
    anyone, any ideas?

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Are you sure you completed the download? It will say that if it isnt complete, where did you download from?

6. Games   -   #6
    Umm to be honest, I have no idea where i got it from, I had been trying sources for awhile, and I just went into my MyDocuments Area, and it was there, I think I got it from a site, or perhaps bittorrent, because I remember selecting that directory in my MyDocuments, but its a full 1.44 GBs, that didnt take that long I guess, because I dont rememeber where I got it from.

7. Games   -   #7
    Then you probably have, in fact, NOT downloaded the file completely.

What Bittorrent does when you click a torrent is make a temporary empty file. Then it will proceed to 'fill' this file up with the data it downloads.

The problem is that this temporary file has the same filename and filesize as the complete file.

You'll have to try and find the same link again. If you then select the same saving location, Bittorrent will automatically start from where it left off.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    Bittorent allocates the file space when you start downloading, so it looks like it is all there but it's not. You will have to re-open the torrent.

9. Games   -   #9
    Ahhh, well that helps, and makes a bit of sence too, Thanks, guess I should start the niec 20 hour download like everyone else, hehe.

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    Yeh that was it, I did that too! You have to continue the download till it says complete, then it will open it with winrar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast