Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: UltimateDefrag

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Urgent

Hopefully this hasn't been mentioned before...I did a search for the topic title with no results.
    ------------------------------------------------
    UltimateDefrag is the Ultimate Defragger and File Placement Optimizer. Defragging hard drives helps to restore your hard drive performance. File placement optimizing on the other hand, boosts your theoretical hard drive file access performance by up to 300% of manufacturers quoted averages (typical performance increase you'll experience is between 25 and 100%) by placing the files you want performance from onto the faster performing (outer tracks) areas of your hard drive. With UltimateDefrag - you can specify which individual files, programs or games you want the best performance from. The "Archive" function places all of your unused files out of the way and onto the slower performing areas of your hard drive.

The UltimateDefrag Secret!
    Hard drive file usage follows Pareto's Law (The 80/20 Rule) - 80% of the time you only use 20% of the files on your computer. The other 80% of the files that you use only 20% of the time is in the way and slowing your hard drive down.... significantly! What it does mean is that you need to relocate those files to the slower section of your hard drive - the inner tracks. In other words, get them out of the way.

Then take the remaining 20% (the files that you use the most) and place them on the outer tracks of your drive where performance is 180 to 240% that of the inner tracks. You then consolidate them closely together (i.e. maximize seek confinement) - the result is that the data that you actually access - booting your computer, loading programs, frequently used data files are on the area of your disk that is 200% faster and then.... because it is all close together you achieving track-to-track seeks and instantaneous seeks that result in access times that are 100% to 500% times quicker than quoted access times.
    • A few features:
    • Strategic File Placement Gives You Complete Control Over Which Files And Programs You Want Increased
    • Performance From
    • Place Unused Data (such as ZIP Files and unused Windows files) Out Of The Way
    • Place Directories In The Optimum Position For Superior Performance
    • Defrag with as little as 1% FREE space
    • Enjoy fast 2 to 3 minute complete defrags
    • Choose From 4 Powerful Defrag Methods With Over 33 Defrag Option Combinations
    • The First Complete "DISK" Metaphor In Any Defragger - true picture of your drives
    • Flexible Scheduling lets you defrag while your away from your computer
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyways, checkout it out:
    http://www.disktrix.com/ultimatedefr...matedefrag.htm

If you wanna know more about it see here (with user comments):
    http://www.nsaneproductions.com/forums/?showtopic=4630

So long WindowsDefrag & Diskeeper.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Yup this Defragger is the new 'In', replaced my O&O Defrag instantly.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    How does it compare to Diskeeper?

Anything as cool as the invisitasking diskeeper implements to defrag in real-time?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    If nothing else, the graphical display is fun to watch and makes more sense than the usual rectangular representation.
    Fragmentation has never really been much of an issue for me but I'll try this one out for at least the length of the trial period.

Thanks.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    If nothing else, the graphical display is fun to watch and makes more sense than the usual rectangular representation.
    Fragmentation has never really been much of an issue for me but I'll try this one out for at least the length of the trial period.

Thanks.
    I'll watch over your shoulder, if that's okay...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Took like 2 hrs to defrag my Main drive and my Media drive...Make sure you READ, yes READ, the *.pdf help file on what settings best suit your computer setup.

Later, after a more thorough run I post whether or not my computer is faster or what-not...(Really, I just wanna play a game).
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    nodzv's Avatar Decebal BT Rep: +5
    i think Diskeeper is better
    I get the facts, I study them patiently, I apply imagination. ~ Bernard M. Baruch

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    matt526's Avatar Poster
    UltimateDefrag made my computer faster, and it is pretty cool how you can look at each cluster on your hard drive. just don’t' stair at the picture of you hard drive to long. Gave me a headache

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Heck yea. Made mine faster too! I put mostly used apps (IE7, WMP, iTunes, Game) then Windows folder. I Seem to get better performance!

Also, did my external Media Drive...Put Music, then video up front. iTunes seems to write tags faster (esp. for movies) if you ask me.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by nodzv View Post
    i think Diskeeper is better

I'm using Diskeeper 11 , don't know if its better but pretty happy with it . But still think I'll try UtiDefrag . just like the name myself and would hate to miss out on something .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast