Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Default Search, 365days, Not 30day?

1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by kAb@11 May 2003 - 20:32
    30 is bad.

n00bs will search, and not see that there was a topic about it. they won't know to search past 30 days.
    I know, I know... maybe we need to go right to paul with this...

its so obvious, i dont know why any one hasnt thought of it yet...

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    I've also noticed, that after posting hashes for a new file, something just released, it takes about 30 days for the files to circulate enough for people to get them without having to jump node to node. So after 30 days, the first set of hashes can't be found without extending the search criteria. Houston, we have a problem.
    Proud member of MDS

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    That's a good point about taking 30 days for the files to spread. Hopefully when the verifieds database comes about it should solve all these problems.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    How about changing it for newbies only, change the search criteria to 365 for someone who is a noob and leave the 30 day settings for all others. Just a thought, not sure if it can be done with our current software, but is something that would be beneficial as I can see where the 30 day window is a hinderance for noobs, that is certainly a good point.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Going Once,
    Going Twice,

And the WINNER is 90

Quick, get Paul on the phone.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by Skillian@11 May 2003 - 22:47
    That's a good point about taking 30 days for the files to spread. Hopefully when the verifieds database comes about it should solve all these problems.
    is that really gonna happen? last thread i read on it seemed to die about two weeks ago...?

and yes... 90 seems great. often even i search by 365, cuz when i search its for rare things, or threads, cuz i know where the common stuff is... so i see no reason to not increase the default

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    is that really gonna happen? last thread i read on it seemed to die about two weeks ago...?
    It should do, there's a pinned about looking for developers for it in the development area. It'll probably be a while though if it does happen, so 60 - 90 days sounds like a good idea to me.

edit: well it was pinned but not anymore. There are some recent replies on it though.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Has anyone used http://www.kazaalinkz.com/ yet, lOOks interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12