Thread: Irc Isnt Good As Kazaa No Way No Way At All

queues queues queues and more queues, every single thinkg i try to download has no slots, none aty all, haven been able to download a thing in weeks, and when u do download things, 8/10 the bin files r corrupt. Kazaa is so much betterm, why cant new stuff go on kazaa rather than IRC. any1 else expeiriancing these problems, and r turning against IRC cus at first i loved it, now im starting to hate it.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Well, queues are the name of the game. I'd rather wait in que for a day, then wait a week or more for a copy to hit Kazaa. Files are rarely corrupt in my opinion, but it does happen. Start asking around in the IRC chatrooms for good warez servers and rooms. IrcSpy, packetnews and others have helped make IRC easier to use and navigate. However, most of the servers listed are in constant que due to everyone trying to get in. As with all filesharing, keep trying and you'll eventually get to the source of the rip. B)
    Proud member of MDS

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    jibbler ur totally correct mate, and if the queues worked properly i would be happy to wait, but mine go back like position 1 out of 1, and stay that way, or even go backwards in the queue, and never get to the download, or it says no such nick/channel half the time

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    porkshit
    haha icant believe you people that think kazaa is just so good. i hate kazaa, most of the stuff o nthere is fake, or crappy quality. i would choose soulseek or irc over any place to download stuff.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Kazaa Lite freak@16 May 2003 - 15:51
    jibbler ur totally correct mate, and if the queues worked properly i would be happy to wait, but mine go back like position 1 out of 1, and stay that way, or even go backwards in the queue, and never get to the download, or it says no such nick/channel half the time
    Yes, this is a problem. Serving scripts are getting better. Sometimes a bot will be serving a file, like Matrix 2, and it will sometimes "timeout" and leave the room. A minute or two later, it comes back online, but the 20 or so people in que will have to re-request the file. Some scripts are more advanced, and they will restore the entire que, so you don't lose your place.

Keep in mind something else. You talked about being in que, and sometimes even going backwards. This does happen in some channels, as some servers will push your que to the end if you aren't serving files in that channel. But if you are serving files in their channel, they will give you "priority queues" and you get moved up. Its like thier way of dealing with leechers.

Truly IRC is a great community, chat first, filesharing second. B)
    Proud member of MDS

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    the only problem with irc is its usually hacker infested

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    porkshit if you hate it so much, i think your kinda in the wrong forum dont you!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Bebi@16 May 2003 - 16:08
    the only problem with irc is its usually hacker infested
    Without hackers, we'd never get warez. Someone has to figure out the encryption systems and rip this stuff.
    Proud member of MDS

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    deleted