Thread: Red Faction Help!

Poster
    I downloade Red Faction I start the auto run, click on update and downlaod this patch then it said that it could not install it cuz RF.exe does not match? Any way around this? I have the myth version, ripped I guess!

2. Games   -   #2
    do you mean that you cannot update the game with a patch because you have a cracked (i.e. no-cd exe)?
    if so, restore the original exe file, then apply the patch, then get a no cd crack for the updated version
    if you didn't keep a copy of the original exe file then you will probably have to reinstall
    if i have not understood your problem correctly, correct me and post more details

3. Games   -   #3
    as you have a rip go to http://www.nforce.nl and do a search on the nfo's to see if myth has done a rip update patch for this game, they mostly likly have as it's a popular one.

Then if they have you have to search for it, a great starting point is http://www.gamecopyworld.com or you could try kazza.

4. Games   -   #4
    Mega Games is a good site too
    a lot of useful stuff and some links too

5. Games   -   #5
    Originally posted by Salim@3 May 2003 - 06:55
    I downloade Red Faction I start the auto run, click on update and downlaod this patch then it said that it could not install it cuz RF.exe does not match? Any way around this? I have the myth version, ripped I guess!
    now uninstall the game and reinstall it and patch it before cracking it.thats easy

6. Games   -   #6
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by vegeta+3 May 2003 - 02:01--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegeta @ 3 May 2003 - 02:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Salim@3 May 2003 - 06:55
    I downloade Red Faction I start the auto run, click on update and downlaod this patch then it said that it could not&nbsp; install it cuz RF.exe does not match? Any way around this? I have the myth version, ripped I guess&#33;
    now uninstall the game and reinstall it and patch it before cracking it.thats easy [/b][/quote]
    That only works if you have the full image version of a game. He said he&#39;s using the Myth rip, which comes with an already cracked .exe. I recommend downloading the full game using the hashes found here...

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...&hl=red+faction

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    Yes its is a myth ripped version and It says that the Rf.exe is not the same, I went to the nfo site and they had all the patches but how do I download them?

8. Games   -   #8
    Originally posted by Salim@3 May 2003 - 15:24
    Yes its is a myth ripped version and It says that the Rf.exe is not the same, I went to the nfo site and they had all the patches but how do I download them?
    thats the same prob with me in black and white.

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    I got to the end of the game saved it, and then loaded it later and it wouldnt load, I deleted it now&#33; Getin vice city&#33;