Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Men

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Bf's brother came up to do some stuff around the house.

Been telling us for days that he had a nice surprise planned for us on Wednesday.

As it was our day off today, we came downstaris and saw that he was planning to put laminate on all the flooring downstairs.

We pointed out that we already discussed that we were going to rent a sander because we have original wooden floorboards in the house and they look great.

As he already bought all the laminate and hired the guy to put it in we decided laminate would be ok as well so we disappeared out of the house so they could put the stuff down.

Came back a few hours later with half the carpet in the livingroom ripped up and about 6 laminate floorboards on the floor.

Bf's brother and the guy who was installing the laminate then explained they had to wait to put in the actual laminate till next Tuesday as the stuff hadn't adjusted the temperature of the house yet.

So...

now my living room is a fucking tip and I still don't have a decent floor in my house

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    but the kitchens ok? you can still cook?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Actually

I was about to cook when I noticed he put polish on the fucking hob. so I had to wait for an hour before I could do any thing

I guess I should be thankful.

I got someone who's doing up my house and cleaning it at the same time.

But I kinda like it the way it is

4. Lounge   -   #4
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Bf's brother came up to do some stuff around the house.

Been telling us for days that he had a nice surprise planned for us on Wednesday.

As it was our day off today, we came downstaris and saw that he was planning to put laminate on all the flooring downstairs.

We pointed out that we already discussed that we were going to rent a sander because we have original wooden floorboards in the house and they look great.

As he already bought all the laminate and hired the guy to put it in we decided laminate would be ok as well so we disappeared out of the house so they could put the stuff down.

Came back a few hours later with half the carpet in the livingroom ripped up and about 6 laminate floorboards on the floor.

Bf's brother and the guy who was installing the laminate then explained they had to wait to put in the actual laminate till next Tuesday as the stuff hadn't adjusted the temperature of the house yet.

So...

now my living room is a fucking tip and I still don't have a decent floor in my house

Oh mate! So you've ended up with extreme chaos over something you don't really want? Sell the laminate, hire a sander with the money, and make the bro do all the work if he wants to be helpful. It's your house at the end of the day.

I feel for you though. Chaos like that is really unsettling.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    I have a feeling he might start on the coving next

I've decided I'm going to not give a fuck about the house until next week.

However, if this is not fixed by next Thursday there's going to be trouble

yesterday he chucked out my plant because supposedly it stinked of cat piss.

I fished it out of the bin and it smelt like any big plant does. Like peet and water.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    he probably felt it was distracting you from your cooking

7. Lounge   -   #7
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    then why is it that the "men" are always doing the work "woman"?

although he could have read the instructions before hand, and if i recall it takes 2 weeks for the laminate to adjust.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    houseplants are something wimmen seem to like, but blokes just think is a waste of time and hassle to water.

I've killed so many houseplants because I'm fed up of watering them, it's unreal.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder View Post
    but the kitchens ok? you can still cook?
    More important..the bedroom is ok ..toch Sonja? Drop into FST room on Soulseek, Funky is hanging out there at the moment

10. Lounge   -   #10
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Haven't you worked out that he's selling the house yet.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast