Thread: Bin Searching

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hi,

Ok, I have a question that maybe someone can help me figure out.

When I use some of the NG search engines I don't get the results I thought I should. For example, even if I know the file is out there it doesn't come up.

An example of this is:

intelligence.s01e05.nfo

I know this out there, as I was able to download it using an nzb file I got from a site. However, if I search for the specific file, or just intelligence, or just s01e05, it doesn't come up.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? Is there some way I can alter my search to get it to come up? or is it just a glitch in the search engines and nothing to do with me?

Cheers!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    visionaryone
    Search engines are picky sometimes they dont show up releases properly which is why NZBs are a great help. I have no idea why sometimes things dont show up maybe its because it search fro complete strings?

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Found the file on www.newzleech.com but not on www.binsearch.info....
    Weird!

Looking at the group @ binsearch it is missing a good deal of stuff compared to newzleech.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hi,

Thanks for the point to newsleech, I had not found that site in my travels, and they have a few things I haven't been able to find on other sources.

Do you have any idea who to ask about making an embedded search for firefox from a site like newzleech? Do I ask the site? or mozilla?

Cheers!

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    I haven't tried it but look at their forum:

http://www.newzleech.com/forum/index.php?topic=13.0

Browse to bottom for the Firefox 2 thingie.

If that was what you where looking for...

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    You can try http://usenetsearch.eweka.nl/

You must register but its free.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    alotta usenet engines take awhile too index files.... think about it. there are like how many TB on usenet. they cant possibly index all files as soon as they are posted. check you newsserver's site, see if they have a search.

i havent used any others 'cept usenetserver(3days/$3). they offer a search engine w/ the abilty to create nzb's.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    try the cr*cked version of "Newsleecher with NewsSearcher" .. you'll find anything

Forum for NewsSearcher : http://z14.invisionfree.com/NewsSearcher

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    jafogrits
    I like binsearch.info the best. You just have to try different searches but I've found most everything I've been looking for.