Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bittorrent quicker than Newsgroups?

malirender
    I prefer usenet since you can find so many dvd images of shows which are not available anywhere and to mention the speed over bittorent and you dont have to worry about share ratio.

2. Newsgroups   -   #32
    The Hitcher's Avatar I'm a cockney flower
    leechers ftw

3. Newsgroups   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by malirender View Post
    I prefer usenet since you can find so many dvd images of shows which are not available anywhere and to mention the speed over bittorent and you dont have to worry about share ratio.

I second that I love the fact that I can download a new tv episode in 5 to 10min off the usenet, bittorrent is just to slow and you could never see that kind of speed.

4. Newsgroups   -   #34
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    and there are stuff that cannot be found anywhere else, just on usenet. for me thats its greatest appeal (maybe because i only have a 3MBit line: i can easily max it out downloading torrents).

5. Newsgroups   -   #35
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by visionaryone View Post

Why does FTD suck? Is it coz you cant get the ftd program running?
    Well the program itself is slow and unstable but thats not the main problem. A lot of ftd uploaders either post their things in the wrong group, without supplying info about their posts or in a dumb way in general.
    there will soon be a new version of FTD

It's true that a lot of members from FTD upload stuff without adding proper NFO's or use weird filenames.

6. Newsgroups   -   #36
    I love the fact that I can download a new tv episode in 5 to 10min off the usenet, bittorrent is just to slow and you could never see that kind of speed.
    hehehehe - maybe u should avoid trackers like torrentspy and demonoid.

I can download 350 - 700 MB tele rips in 5 to 10 mins (or less) with bittorrent, absolutely no need to pay for usenet to get speeds like that in my case. The pre times @ the top BT trackers can NOT be beat IMO, the only thing better than the elite trackers would be to have actual Scene axx.

Maybe you should try different trackers or different ISP.

paying for a service (usenet) that supplies you warez is lame anyways.

Never pay for File Sharing!

7. Newsgroups   -   #37
    It's lame to pay for Usenet if you don't have to. My ISP has a good news server.

8. Newsgroups   -   #38
    i use usenet since 2 years, and i think that is the best solution for sharing till now !

if you don't wanna pay, try using your ISP, or at last free newssevers ..

9. Newsgroups   -   #39
    DISABLED PRIVS
    Quote Originally Posted by madden player View Post
    I love the fact that I can download a new tv episode in 5 to 10min off the usenet, bittorrent is just to slow and you could never see that kind of speed.
    hehehehe - maybe u should avoid trackers like torrentspy and demonoid.

I can download 350 - 700 MB tele rips in 5 to 10 mins (or less) with bittorrent, absolutely no need to pay for usenet to get speeds like that in my case. The pre times @ the top BT trackers can NOT be beat IMO, the only thing better than the elite trackers would be to have actual Scene axx.

Maybe you should try different trackers or different ISP.

paying for a service (usenet) that supplies you warez is lame anyways.

Never pay for File Sharing!
    Not my problem that you love good pre times. Usenet has every scene release thats on bittorrent and even more (how about every single nintendo ds release? And older stuff too, you never see that stuff at lame torrent trackers). And at least I know that everything will be available for around 70 days at full speeds unlike torrents that only work at high speeds for like a week. Usenet is a good reason why "Never pay for file sharing" is extremely lame (and everybody knows that you shouldn't pay for fake file sharing sites).

10. Newsgroups   -   #40
    Yep I could not agree more

The Newsgroups can't be beat, $15/month for a excellent nsp to download whatever I want is a drop in the bucket anyway.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast