Thread: Downloading

how can I download files (software & stuff) from the forum? I tried to open the NZB files but it's not recognized. do I need to get a specific software to download the stuff posted in the forum?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    visionaryone
    Firstly you need access to a Usenet Service, some times you can get them free with your ISP. But most of teh time you need to register and pay with a premium site like www.usenetserver.com or NewsHosting.

Then you needa NG Client like Ultraleecher or Grabit. These programs will recognise the NZB file and start your downloads.

Hope this helps.

Vis

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    First read
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/newsg...e-grabit-69159

The best deal in servers I think is NewsHosting and you can support the site by signing up with our refferal link at...
    http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    if you sign up for newshosting 70+ day unlimited plan you get a free shirt, added bonus for using the best cheapest NSP around

NZBomatic is a kewl client, its lite and free but uses .net

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    jst25
    Quote Originally Posted by visionaryone View Post
    Firstly you need access to a Usenet Service, some times you can get them free with your ISP. But most of teh time you need to register and pay with a premium site like www.usenetserver.com or NewsHosting.

Then you needa NG Client like Ultraleecher or Grabit. These programs will recognise the NZB file and start your downloads.

Hope this helps.

Vis
    I have a similar question to the one above. I'm using my ISP for Usenet service and it is working fine. I also dl'ed and installed Grabit. I found two NZB files I wanted and downloaded them to my desktop and then opened them with Grabit. It seemed to be dl'ing all the files (couple of hours time) but when I go to the folder Grabit/Downloads/alt.binaries.tv/1163648530 I find nothing. However, when I looked in the folder Grabit/Cache/Articles I found some files that are the right sizes (14.8mb ea) and number but they are not recognized by Windows, they are not labeled correctly (they are all a string of 8 alpha-numerics), and there is no extension (I have my windows set to show extensions for all files). When I open them with Notepad I can see the proper name, complete with extension. I tried relabeling the files with the proper name and .rar extension, but that didn't work. I'd guess that the files need to be decoded or re-encoded or whatever, but I'm stuck.

FWIW, I was able to use the search function in Grabit to find one of the two files I was looking for. I dl'd it and it popped up in my download folder just fine. So my service and even Grabit seem to be working fine, I'm just having issues with the NZB file.

This noob would appreciate any help I can get, even if it is just pointing me to a thread with the right answer. Thanks in advance. If the answer is really simple, mea culpa, mea cupa, mea maxima culpa.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    jst25
    So I uninstalled Grabit and installed NZB-o-Matic and that seems to be working for me. Kind of a wierd program, but free.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    DISABLED PRIVS
    NEVER use grabit. Way too many bugs.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    I haven't had any problems with grabit yet, been using it for about 7 months.