Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ps 3 11/17

fz_shurtugal's Avatar .......
    They're almost impossible to get.......hopeless.......especially for me........

2. Games   -   #32
    Mike Nelson's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt526 View Post
    Winning bid: US $15,100.00
    I assume that's just people trying to disrupt the auction and cause trouble for scalpers. I don't think that seller will be seeing the money.
    What a shame.

"Scalpers" are the scum of the Earth.

3. Games   -   #33
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Indeed. It's a nice way for gamers to get their own back in a small way.

4. Games   -   #34
    matt526's Avatar Poster
    I went to BestBuy on my lunch break today and played a little bit of NBA LIVE 07
    on the PS3, and I have to say the graphics on the PS3 looked a lot better then the Xbox 360 sitting right next it. I was quit impressed with the PS3, maybe not $600 impressed but impressed nun the less

5. Games   -   #35
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Futile and petty, just the way I like it.

Though PS3 sellers will be the number one target for "ebay scammers". I daresay a few will get ripped off and be down a PS3 and the $600 it costs for the console.

6. Games   -   #36
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post

Though PS3 sellers will be the number one target for "ebay scammers". I daresay a few will get ripped off and be down a PS3 and the $600 it costs for the console.
    That's where eBay has really stepped up their security though. The sellers must show proof of their purchase by showing a photo of their receipt, and purchases can only be made through PayPal. If the person does get scammed by say, someone posting someone else's receipt, PayPal will refund their money as they guarantee every purchase, and go after the seller.

Now, if you're dumb enough to disregard these rules which are required to be posted on each PS3 auction, then that's your own damn fault.

yo

7. Games   -   #37
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    I think he's saying the seller will be ripped off, not the buyer.

Though I don't know quite how you'd do that, or I might give it a go myself

8. Games   -   #38
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post

That's where eBay has really stepped up their security though. The sellers must show proof of their purchase by showing a photo of their receipt, and purchases can only be made through PayPal. If the person does get scammed by say, someone posting someone else's receipt, PayPal will refund their money as they guarantee every purchase, and go after the seller.

Now, if you're dumb enough to disregard these rules which are required to be posted on each PS3 auction, then that's your own damn fault.
    As Skillian points out, I meant the other way round.

9. Games   -   #39
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    The cruelest speculation is that the launch figure is something like half of what was promised - 150,000 to 200,000 units, says one analyst. I am not an analyst, but when I scour the launch list for a reason to wait outside for days in a fucking line, no klaxons sound and no lights begin to blink or flash. Motorstorm and Lair - the games that really sold people the system at this year's Tokyo Game Show - are nowhere to be seen. There are, of course, those distant ultrabrands - the ones that start with Metal and Final - but buying a system at today's prices, under today's conditions is on that basis is... unwise. Unwise is the diplomatic word I have chosen.

The launch is full of... Well, Launch Titles. It sounds like Insomniac did what Insomniac does - deliver spit-polished hits. Past that, you've got Genji (rank), Untold Legends (just... no) and Gundam (daemonic). Everything else is something that

(a) already came out, and
    (b) most likely runs better or has more features on existing equipment. Seriously, read the reviews.

This is beyond insulting. This is beyond ridiculous. It is farcical.

With the Playstation 2, we ascribed the spotty launch supply to monstrous intent. We were young men, though, and young men often feel the weight of unaccountable oppressors bearing down on them. Speaking today, it seems clear to me that Sony would not want to launch under these conditions if they had any choice in the matter. Not with this anemic supply, now reaped by speculators. Not with these titles. But they have done it, singing all the while, making a stupid pageant of the whole affair with their petty sniping. Well, you have not succeeded, not at anything laudable. You've kept young people in out in the elements for days through your ineptitude, this is true, but that is worth negapoints - a reverse scoring method exclusively for jackasses that starts at zero, and actually goes down from there.

(CW)TB out.
    Source

10. Games   -   #40
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by matt526 View Post
    I went to BestBuy on my lunch break today and played a little bit of NBA LIVE 07
    on the PS3, and I have to say the graphics on the PS3 looked a lot better then the Xbox 360 sitting right next it. I was quit impressed with the PS3, maybe not $600 impressed but impressed nun the less
    Live '07 sucks ass.

Wtf is the code to turn off the anti-gravity in the game.

Horrible.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast