Thread: How comes i'm connectable to some sites and not to other ones??

Poster
    How comes i'm connectable to some sites and not to other ones??

im connectable to http://docs.torrents.ro but not to bitspyder

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Have no idea....maybe you should try using different ports on the trackers you cannot connect to.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    look in the lower right corner of your utorrent client, if the sign is green, you should be connectable, if its yellow or red, youre not connectable.

the trackers may also sometimes give false status to you, as unc. when are are in fact conn. , or the other way around, BUT if utorrent says u're connectable u have nothing to worry about what the trackers say, the peers will connect to you anyway

ps. i dont think ports have anything to do with this

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I'm having a bit of the same problem... On Demonoid and Oink, I'm completely connectable Peers and seeds, however on TVJ I can connect to seeds, but not peers...

Which is really killing the ratio. I've even uploaded 3-4 of my own torrents, which all have peers that I can't connect too..

One of the regulars on TVJ hopped on one of the torrents and was able to connect to me, but that is the only connection I made to that tracker... I know for a fact that all my network forwarding is right considering I can seed on other sites... This is extremely weird..

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    if your cliet says your connectable..then you are..its a bug in the code that says you arent...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    if natcheck (http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl) shows you connectable, then you're setup properly. it could also be that you're using an ip blocking program (peer guardian/protowall) and it's blocking the server from testing your port for connectivity. I've had that problem with revtt and another site in the past. or it could just be a bug in their code, like PooBar mentioned.