Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ratio...huh?

gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by syD View Post
    @gamer4eva

u got me afraid for a moment that i was going to get banned, i was leeching sooo many torrents. good thing i stopped them in time, they didnt catch me leeching this time.
    Well i did try to explain in simple terms.

Glad you understood and yes it would be a shame if they caught you leeching.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    nscherneck, if you want to mane your file the way you want to mane them just copy them into another folder,it's your safest option and about the only option ;-)

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    You might want to read up on this link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent

Edit: and changing the file name will miss up your download and if you try to restart it will start all over again so you will end up having a partial file and a whole new file, so I dont recommend renaming the files.
    Last edited by DKre8ive1; 11-13-2006 at 07:13 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    yeah, why are ppl so obsessed with renaming the rls anyway... just leave the original scene names and dont modify em, is it so much of an eyestrain?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nscherneck View Post
    Also, im not always pleased with the file and / or folder names of the files i download. How can i rename and move those files around to my satisfaction and still be able to seed them?

you'd have to switch to azureus to get that function. in the files tab, you can right-click on the filename and then select rename or retarget. you can only change the names of the individual files, and not the folder though.

your best bet is to copy the data and rename the copy to whatever you want, like someone mentioned above.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by syD View Post
    yeah, why are ppl so obsessed with renaming the rls anyway... just leave the original scene names and dont modify em, is it so much of an eyestrain?
    I just leave the name of the rls aswell because then i can seed on other places... well you can seed in other places if you rename but i like to know the release group because same games may have different release groups eg reloaded etc....
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12