Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creating DVDs/VCDs and SVCDs

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    All the help you need is at DVDhelp

So, im merging this with a couple of other similar 'How do I burn movie Topics', just to Tidy up....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Dusk, Thanks for your help. Just a couple more questions you may be able to answer for me.

1) I've downloaded Windows Meadia Encoder and I starting coverting from AVI. The screen says it will take 10 hours is this normal?

2) The file extension that it gave for the output was .wmv how is this different from MPEG?

3) Once the conversion is done do I just copy the file and put it on the CD Burner Drive?

Sorry, I'm really, really new at this. I've gone to DVDHELP and I'm completely stupid to some of the terms used.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by searcher9563@13 May 2003 - 20:02
    Sorry, I'm really, really new at this. I've gone to DVDHELP and I'm completely stupid to some of the terms used.
    They have a glossary there to help you. There is a whole language to filesharing and burning, and it takes some time to learn it all. Just keep reading, knowledge is your friend.
    Proud member of MDS

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    its possible to take that time deppending on ram issues /cpu/drive speed blah blah

but once you have the wmv u can use nero burning rom and create the final dvd/vcd/svcd and create neet menus.
    with scenes screen shots blah blah (takes some extra time but the output is awsome...) with not much knowledge u have a pro like cd.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Click my signature link

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12