Page 282 of 469 FirstFirst ... 182232272279280281282283284285292332382 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 4690

Thread: BitTorrent Trackers DOWN or BACK UP

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by djmasturbeat View Post
    Just edit your host file by adding the line:

96.45.180.130 www.bithq.org
    Apache is functioning normally
    BitHQ has been working just fine for me other than their DNS issues and no simply typing their IP address in a browser won't work.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2812
    Quote Originally Posted by wrUmm568 View Post
    simply typing their IP address in a browser won't work.
    Tried the hosts file thing, it didn't work also. And I'm not even a member, so the previous DNS record wasn't cached.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #2813
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wrUmm568 View Post
    simply typing their IP address in a browser won't work.
    Tried the hosts file thing, it didn't work also. And I'm not even a member, so the previous DNS record wasn't cached.
    I have successfully tried this on all the boxes I have root on (multiple countries). Your OS may be caching the DNS records, I know Windows does. On XP this can be temporarily disabled eg. by typing net stop "DNS client" in the Run dialog. The above will work for clients when followed by a re-announce, for browsers you have to clear their internal DNS cache which can be done by restarting the browser and clearing the cache (in Firefox: from options->advanced->network), but pressing refresh several times also works.

4. BitTorrent   -   #2814
    I'm aware of those tips, I've even set my DNS Client service to avoid caching negative responses. Just in case, I followed all your steps (flushed and restarted the service, used a different browser) and it's still not loading. Which is pretty strange.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #2815
    If BitHq is having DNS issues then shouldn't it be BitHq fixing up their issues instead of us trying to fix this. Not like every members is going to come here to learn about it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #2816
    stets619's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by djmasturbeat View Post
    for bhq, this was offered to me by another user and worked (but i had to delete spybot search and destroy to do it, since it sets hosts file to read-only)

Just edit your host file by adding the line:

96.45.180.130 www.bithq.org

Windows path:
    c:\windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts
    Thanks!

7. BitTorrent   -   #2817
    Poster
    to some folks above,
    you get the message about appache if all you do is type in the numerical ip string.

to edit hosts in win7, copy hosts to another directory, maybe make a backup of it for later (eventually after they fix it i suggest reverting backk to old hostss, as later on after they change IPs, it may prevent you from logging in)
    anyhow, copy to a diff directory, open with notepad, i may have used eelevated status but it may not be necessary if it is in a diff dir
    save it.
    copy it and paste over the hosts file in the sys32/..etc folder, say yes to any prompts.

some people may have to reboot for this to take effect.

if this doesn't work, with flushing dns after ward and rebooting again, on top of it, i am out of suggestions.

i have posted this in forums, but have yet to get mods/ admins/sys op response, but other users are speaking up, and echoing thoughts here, that even if people know it, not everyone will try or even be able to do it; plus i am unable to do this for my seedbox (no root) and i know this affects others too, even at home, being a regular user, not admin.
    Last edited by djmasturbeat; 10-11-2010 at 02:27 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #2818
    b3owulf's Avatar facepalm.jpg
    ACiD and Merlin both down.

9. BitTorrent   -   #2819
    Long John Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by b3owulf View Post
    ACiD and Merlin both down.
    And BreathetheWord (same servers)

10. BitTorrent   -   #2820
    Member BT Rep: +2
    anyone got error from pisexy?