Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is The Best Twist In A Movie?

Well I'm going to be controversial here and say Morpheus not dying in the Matrix. Some of may not even think that's a twist but I thought it was rather good. I mean when he got captured, how many of you thought he was going to survive?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    The first time I saw the Matrix, I was clueless. It wasn't until the very end did things finally fall into place. Personally, I think the twist in the end of Usual Suspects was great. Just when I thought I'd figured it out, well, they got me.
    Proud member of MDS

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    No way out. When it turned out that Kosner was a Russian spy.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by Jibbler@12 May 2003 - 22:49
    The first time I saw the Matrix, I was clueless.  It wasn't until the very end did things finally fall into place.  Personally, I think the twist in the end of Usual Suspects was great.  Just when I thought I'd figured it out, well, they got me.
    Jibby, I think if we were gay, we would have to get married, hahaha... dont ever quote me on that...

I swear to god... I read the title of the thread, and the first thing that came to mind, Usual Suspects! Hahaha, we have way to much in common...

Any how, That move was awesome! Brian Singer, now of xmen fame, put together one hell of a movie, and no one, no one I have ever talked to guessed where that ending was going, a true stunner if there ever was one...

and as far single one line twists, ya i was young, but, "luke I am your father"... holy shit! I remember thinking, for the next 3 years, is he really? Is he? wowowowowow... lol...

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Some movie where this girl says shes gettin raped by a teacher, but it end up as a con to get her moms money. It turns out a cop is on on it, the teacher was in on it, lots of peeps. Then everybody gets killed but the teacher and he goes off in a sail boat. So many twists I was dizzyfied. I don't remember what it was called tho.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    that movie was called wild things, with denise richards and neve campbell.. nice one... the 13th floor had a nice twist to it at the end.. they had built a computer simulated world they could go into.. at the end, you find out they are actually inside their own simulated world.. and they are the first world to actually create a world within a simulated world

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Kabal@13 May 2003 - 05:12
    Some movie where this girl says shes gettin raped by a teacher, but it end up as a con to get her moms money. It turns out a cop is on on it, the teacher was in on it, lots of peeps. Then everybody gets killed but the teacher and he goes off in a sail boat. So many twists I was dizzyfied. I don't remember what it was called tho.
    Yea it creeped me out too. How the storyline just turned and twisted.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    I liked the 6th sense.
    I had no idea that he was dead.
    Hope I didn't spoil the movie for anyone

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    2 other ones with kickass twists. I don't remember the names of these either.

Ok there was one about this family in a haunted house. It turns out they were the ones hauntin it but they didn't know it till the end of the movie. The mom killed the kids then killed herself and the father dies at war and shows up later.

Then there was another one about a writer who writes this book and he ends up in this town that is from one of his books. Wierd shit happens in the town all the way through the movie. Turns out the town is a gateway to hell and his book is the key that opens the gateway.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster
    The first one is "The Others" starring Nicole Kidman.
    The second one seems to sound like the "Ninth Gate" or something with Johnny Depth in it. NOt sure though.

Yes the sixth sense ending was a definite twist too!! Damned, I can't think of any myself.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast