Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharman's Kazaa Contains No Spyware...

Well, that's what they say themselves
    Do you believe this?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Yes

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Then you probably also believe that anti-spyware programs will find nothing after installing Sharman's Kazaa on a spyware free system, right?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    And all this §hit what is it ?

Content - payment for distribution of Rights Managed content (marked with Gold Icons).
    Regular banner and pop advertising - within KMD and Kazaa.com (DoubleClick and Cydoor).
    SaveNow - presents coupons and offers that are related to the websites that you are visiting. SaveNow operates and is managed separately to Kazaa Media Desktop.
    Sales of products and services - eg. BullGuard, MatchNet.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Data collecting programs that are installed with the user's knowledge are not, properly speaking, spyware, if the user fully understands what data is being collected and with whom it is being shared.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    callum
    Data collecting programs that are installed with the user's knowledge are not, properly speaking, spyware, if the user fully understands what data is being collected and with whom it is being shared.
    No doubt, it's in the fine print of the EULA that everyone clicks through upon installation.

Don't forget about those poor saps installing Morpheus(et al) with the Brilliant Digital Entertainment(BDE) spyware. It is actually used for distributed computing by them and the user agrees to this in the EULA.

Steal my clock cycles? Them fucks! KazaaLite rules!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by callum@21 May 2003 - 00:15
    Yes you're right there
    But I'm sure these EULA's are pretty vague about what these add-on software actually do...

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    I know what you mean but, it makes it very clear that you are installing Savenow. Most people I know use kazza, Iv'e told them to use k-lite but they don't listen and don't even know what spyware is. I even found kazza on a pc in work today.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I just was stunned seeing this explicit statement on their site.
    I bet it will lure a lot of people into installing KaZaA, feeling OK about it.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by sharedholder@20 May 2003 - 20:14
        And all this §hit what is it ?

Content - payment for distribution of Rights Managed content (marked with Gold Icons).
    Regular banner and pop advertising - within KMD and Kazaa.com (DoubleClick and Cydoor).
    SaveNow - presents coupons and offers that are related to the websites that you are visiting. SaveNow operates and is managed separately to Kazaa Media Desktop.
    Sales of products and services - eg. BullGuard, MatchNet.

Gee.. I cant believe that you missed the important part lol!!:
    Sharman Networks makes KMD available on Download.com, meeting the requirements of CNET’s third-party bundling policy
    the "third party bundling policy" is a killer.

@ callum:
    Posted on 20 May 2003 - 20:15
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have NEVER met a user that "fully understands" what data is being collected and whom it is being shared with.. and thats because not ALL the "bundled software" is mentioned.. and its purpose is never explained.

Take a look in "add/remove programs" after you download KMD and I think you'd be shocked at how many mysterious programs are there, that you have "no clue" what they are.. or what they do.

LOL.. anybody wanna buy a bridge?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast