Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kazzaa

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Without K++ this forum would not exist,
    now that Kza is dead
    maybe
    it is time for the moderators take a stand and simply explain (auto reply?) that it is is dead.
    And eliminate the "world"

or

does it still exist?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    I'm not a moderator (in fact this is my first post here), but if the Kazaa network is "dead" how did I just get a file from it yesterday?

The usership of the Kazaa network is way down compared to the past, but you still see something in the neighborhood of 800,000 users online and millions of files are still available. The major problem I see with Kazaa now is CONNECTION ISSUES, and if you can't connect then you can't use the resource, of course. I have been on many forums recently myself trying to determine what specifically is the issue when connecting (either not connecting at all or very long delays when trying to connect or the tool KaZuperNodes is not functioning properly), but overall the system still works and is not "dead." I would concede it's just not what it used to be (sadly), but to some extent I think the users themselves are creating this problem by bailing out (correct me if I'm wrong, please).

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by peterk312 View Post
    I'm not a moderator (in fact this is my first post here), but if the Kazaa network is "dead" how did I just get a file from it yesterday?

The usership of the Kazaa network is way down compared to the past, but you still see something in the neighborhood of 800,000 users online and millions of files are still available. The major problem I see with Kazaa now is CONNECTION ISSUES, and if you can't connect then you can't use the resource, of course. I have been on many forums recently myself trying to determine what specifically is the issue when connecting (either not connecting at all or very long delays when trying to connect or the tool KaZuperNodes is not functioning properly), but overall the system still works and is not "dead." I would concede it's just not what it used to be (sadly), but to some extent I think the users themselves are creating this problem by bailing out (correct me if I'm wrong, please).
    The problems with it are the spyware (not in klite but still in the original kazaa...), virus infected and fake files, slowness of files to get onto the network (altho i guess its good for old stuff), and the connection problems.
    There just isn't much point in using it since there are a lot of better alternatives...

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post

The problems with it are the spyware (not in klite but still in the original kazaa...), virus infected and fake files, slowness of files to get onto the network (altho i guess its good for old stuff), and the connection problems.
    There just isn't much point in using it since there are a lot of better alternatives...
    Not to mention the fact that you can have file corruption during transfer. There isn't a proper checksum system to re-download incorrect chunks. The corrupt files then get shared to even more users. They spread like a disease.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    rossco said:

What's the "better" alternatives?

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter

Laugh

rossco said:

anything.
    Emule, BitTorrent, Newsgroups, IRC even Limewire.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    rossco said:

anything.
    Emule, BitTorrent, Newsgroups, IRC even Limewire.
    Ares is probably the closest alternative in terms of how it works.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I suppose that means that they aren't removing the k-lite forum, then, zed.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Indeed
    yet
    i understand the logic.
    Ketchup is the base of all great meals.

but "they" could atleast get rid of this sticky

Sticky: What Is The Best Version? Where To Download?

and change it to

Sticky: FFS Noobs there are better alternatives,Stop using that Crap

forexample

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    I find Limewire the best to get singles. Otherwise BitTorrent pretty much covers it from software to movies to games to music albums. Plus it's a lot quicker than KZA used to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast