Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help Trying To Upload Torrents!!!! Im Gonna Loose My Rag Real Soon!!!

RIGHT HERE GOES IM NEW TO THE ART OF DOWNLOADING TOREENTS ETC.....
    I USE DEMONOID TO DOWNLOAD
    I USE UTORRENT TO CREATE FILES TO SEED ( UPLOADING MY STUFF ONTO DEMONOID I BELIEVE)
    DONT UNDERSTAND ALL THE LINGO IE:- SEEDING TORRENTS ETC VERY WELL
    SO I USE THE DEMONOID HELP TO CREATE AND UPLOAD A TORRENT YEAH?

UNTIL I GET TO THE SECTION IN DEMONOID WHERE IT SAYS TORRENT FILE: AND A BLANK BOX WITH A BROWSE BUTTON
    I BROWSE TO THE FILE IVE CREATED AND ENTER IT INTO THE BOX AND GET THIS:-
    Problem with torrent: Wrong address: please verify that you are using the current Demonoid tracker address
    IM GETTING EXTREMELY PISSED!!!!
    CAN ANYONE HELP??? PLEASE USE SIMPLE TERMS AND NOT THIS LINGO I DONT REALLY GET
    DESPERATE XX

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    In the tracker address box you should have this:

Code:
    http://inferno.demonoid.com:3394/announce
    Also, demonoid requires you to include a small text file (located on their upload page) that just says that it was uploaded to demonoid tracker.

Aside from that, the guide should be pretty basic.

Also note, after you upload the torrent, you must download it from the tracker. You cannot use the torrent you created, once uploaded the tracker adds a key number to the torrent that your copy will not have.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Yeah, what he said.

There was waaaaaay to many exclamation points, bold letters, and caps for me to even bother reading that shit.

yo

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    thanks but still none the wiser

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1

Sick

perhaps you should do some reading and understand the basic terms and how bittorrent works, before you go any further. it's pretty obvious that you don't really want to learn anything, from this statement:
    PLEASE USE SIMPLE TERMS AND NOT THIS LINGO I DONT REALLY GET
    read up on how bittorrent works:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent

the guides for utorrent:
    http://utorrent.com/guides.php

the faq at demonoid:
    http://www.demonoid.com/faq.php

(btw, there's a forum for bittorrent, right under this one on the index. I don't see how you could miss it.)
    Last edited by lysine; 11-16-2006 at 12:12 PM.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Why Cant People Help Instead Of Just Be Plain Rude!!!!! These People Are A Great Help To This Forum And What Its Trying To Achieve Arent They??? People Who Genuinly Want To Help Only Please X

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by millieme5 View Post
    Why Cant People Help Instead Of Just Be Plain Rude!!!!! These People Are A Great Help To This Forum And What Its Trying To Achieve Arent They??? People Who Genuinly Want To Help Only Please X
    Posting like a grown-up will help for starters.

Everything you need has already been posted in this thread. If for some unknown reason you're still having problems, try telling us something a bit more specific than "still none the wiser". What are we supposed to take away from that? How does it help us to narrow down your problem(s) so that we can provide the help you're requesting? Again, be specific.

With the three links that 'lysine' posted, you should be able to become an expert on bit-torrent. Every answer to every question possible is contained in at least one of those links. If you have trouble with the terminology, look here:

Spoiler: Show

There are also plenty of helpful topics in the 'Guides and Tutorials' section of this forum as well.

All the info you need is at your fingertips! Get to it then.

yo

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    yea man "Demonoid tracker address" error would must likely mean (like damnatory said) that u used the wrong tracker address OR did not enter one at all. besides why would you come her to post about demonoid problems when you could, ummm contact them.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by ram82082 View Post
    yea man "Demonoid tracker address" error would must likely mean (like damnatory said) that u used the wrong tracker address OR did not enter one at all. besides why would you come her to post about demonoid problems when you could, ummm contact them.
    Probably b/c Demonoid forums have been shut down for a looooong time.

yo

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    <--- did not kno that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast