Thread: Changing Language On Windows

Just wondering if it was possible to change the language on a copy of windows 98SE i got? Its in french and I just rememberd I dont speak french!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    I'm not sure. I think O/Ss come in different languages and is integral. Best bet is to check the Microsoft knowledge base.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    Yes u can but you will haev to reinstall it I think when u install it it gives u the language options to install at the beginning

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Nope.
    After checking the Microsoft site I found the only language change you can make(Windows 98SE) is for Internet Explorer. This is for viewing foreign language websites.
    I thought so since I've reinstalled 98SE many times and have never seen that sort of option. (I now use XP)

If you have a french version, it's all in french and no way to change it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Hey people i appriciate the info. all though it blows 'cause it took a week to find that image file! I've been looking for a week and half for another one and no such luck! Im putting it on some older systems(486dx ) to play around with for school. know of any good ISO sites?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain