Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: Whats The Best Firewall

  1. #1
    I was just wondering whati s the best FireWall to use...

    Iam running Windows XP pro edition so i don't know if i need a firewall or what but any way i would like to knw what kind of fire wall you computer experts use..

    Thanks and take it easy

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    195

    hi there !
    i don't know about the experts. but Norton System Works has an excellant firewall(available on K++) XP firewall would not do the complete job once you get personal firewall uninstall XP firewall as well.
    regards
    m8t

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    TRshady
    Guest
    Originally posted by m8t@13 May 2003 - 13:56
    but Norton System Works has an excellant firewall(available on K++)
    correction: Norton systemworks does not contain "norton firewall".

    I use zonealarm as it uses little resources and is very effective.

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Lubbock, TX
    Posts
    246
    i am in the process of downloading a firewall myself. i've heard a lot of positive feedback about zonealarm firewalls so that's what i'll be using
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    TRshady
    Guest
    Originally posted by ripley02@13 May 2003 - 14:05
    i am in the process of downloading a firewall myself. i've heard a lot of positive feedback about zonealarm firewalls so that's what i'll be using
    your'll be fine with that.

    IMO, norton has the best protection possible but its disadvantages are to bad to comprimise.

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    TRshady is right Norton systemworks does not contain "norton firewall" i just found that out

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by MetroStars@13 May 2003 - 13:18
    I was just wondering whati s the best FireWall to use...

    Iam running Windows XP pro edition so i don't know if i need a firewall or what but any way i would like to knw what kind of fire wall you computer experts use..

    Thanks and take it easy
    Hi Ya, I use Sygate, And i have for a long time now, It's free, And it works fine.
    Things scratch to get in And things scratch to get out, You can allso test it from the Sygate web site, Go on it's free!!!!
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    TRshady
    Guest
    Originally posted by CELEBS_ARE_US@13 May 2003 - 14:34
    Hi Ya, I use Sygate, And i have for a long time now, It's free, And it works fine.
    Things scratch to get in And things scratch to get out, You can allso test it from the Sygate web site, Go on it's free!!!!
    , testing a firewall at its manufacturers site.
    Not saying it's bad though. Having a firewall and the xp activated and you can't go wrong.

    @metrostars: I'm always right, my reputation depends on that.

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I use Sygate. It's simple and easy to use. None of the GUI crap of Norton or BlackIceDefender. If you turn off some of those dozens of "services" in XP Pro your application list won't look like a New York City phonebook.

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    56
    i would recommend norton firewall

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •